━━ eight.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ARAYIA SEARCHED THROUGH HER PURSE, LOOKING FOR HER KEYS. It was nighttime and the stars shone bright in the sky. She cursed under her breath as she dropped her car keys on the ground. When she stood back up, keys in hand, she felt a presence behind her. She quickly spun around, and she saw a woman. 

The woman smiled at her. "Arayia, right?" 

Arayia's eyebrows furrowed as she scanned the girls appearance. She could smell wolf on her. Her eyes narrowed on her. "Jules, right? The one who killed Rose?" she asked bitterly, taking a threatening step forward.

"I'm looking for Tyler, you haven't seen him, have you?" Jules asked, disregarding that the vampire was threatening her. "Because he told me earlier that you guys hung out." 

She shook her head, concern etched on her features. "No, I haven't seen him since then. Why? Is he okay?"

"I know you're lying." Jules told her. 

"Pardon?" she laughed angrily. "I wouldn't hurt Tyler, and if I knew where he was, which I don't, he'd already be out. Now, if you'll fuck off, I have to get home. Maybe I can call a witch friend? Get her to locate him."

As she turned around to get into her car, she groaned out in pain as a wooden bullet was shot into her back. She spun around, attempting to attack the wolf, but then she got shot right in the forehead. And then darkness consumed her. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

When she woke, she had her ankles bounded. She groaned as the bullet was still embedded into her head. With shaky hands, she reached up to her head, dug her fingers into her skin, and ripped it out of the wound. She groaned even louder, squeezing her eyes shut. "Fuck." she whispered under her breath. 

The RV door opened and a man wearing a muscle tank walked inside. He held a gun in his hands, presumably loaded with wooden bullets. He nodded down to the bullet that laid in the ground. "I see you got the bullet out."

With a flirtatious smile, she responded. "You wanna help me get the other one out?" 

"No." he laughed. "But I do have more wooden bullets, and other toys I'd love to experiment with. It's gonna be a long night, sweet pea."

He shot her in the chest. She sucked in a deep breath, but other than that she had no reaction. She wanted to piss him off. "What's next, you gonna ship me off to a zoo for tourists to look at me? I'm already in a cage." she then looked down in thought for a second, then looked back to him. "Or wait, shouldn't you get sent away? You're the dog here."

"Coming from the one who drinks blood for a living?" he asked her, raising his eyebrows, then he shot her in the stomach. She winced in pain. "So, how many vampires are in this town anyway?"