𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗲𝗻

    Laying side by side with Jeremy on his bed, Heidi just finished explaining how she'd managed to get herself moved to Mystic Falls High, starting tomorrow she was officially a student

Laying side by side with Jeremy on his bed, Heidi just finished explaining how she'd managed to get herself moved to Mystic Falls High, starting tomorrow she was officially a student. He was shocked to say the least, not expecting a vampire who could compel anything she wanted, had chosen to voluntarily attend high school. It was his worst nightmare, yet here she was, willingly ready to put herself through the absolute torture.

"You're telling me, you'd suffer through literal hell, just to spend more time with me?" Jeremy asked her as he looked up from the drawing he'd been doing of her, finding a new muse.

"Don't flatter yourself, my life is boring and aside from Anna you're my only friend, which is rather depressing now that I say that out loud." Heidi rambled, shaking her head as she finished while her friend merely snickered at her reaction.

"Well, I'm honoured to be your second friend." Jeremy had teased, narrowly dodging the pen she threw in his direction.

"Don't be an ass, Jer." Heidi complained, dropping dramatically onto his bed once again while he burst into a series of complaints about her moving, apparently she was ruining the drawing because of it.

"Stay still." Jeremy told the girl, placing both his hands on her shoulders as she giggled at his faux stern expression. "I'm trying to focus."

"Don't draw me then." Heidi groaned, covering her face with her hands as Jeremy frowned letting go of her shoulders to carefully pull her hands away from her face. She grinned as he sent her a small smile, thankful she was no longer covering up her face any longer. "What's that saying, take a photo it'll last longer."

"Fine." Jeremy shrugged, grabbing his phone and opening up the camera, quickly taking a photo before she could process what she was doing.

"Wait, I wasn't being serious." Heidi's eyes widened as she went to grab his phone while he merely moved the phone out of reach. "Delete that photo."

"No." Jeremy smugly smiled as she rolled her eyes, Vamp-speeding so she was straddling him, her hand reaching out to grab the phone out of his grip. "Okay, okay, I get it, you're stronger than me, just don't delete the photo okay?"

"Why not?" Heidi raised a brow, waving the phone in his face as she pulled herself off him, flopping down onto the bed beside him.

"Because you look really pretty in it." Jeremy shrugged nonchalantly as he watched the girl tilt her head down, thankful her hair had moved to cover her now rosy cheeks.

"Shut up."

      Returning back home, Heidi hummed along to the music blasting through her earphones as she pushed open the front door

Returning back home, Heidi hummed along to the music blasting through her earphones as she pushed open the front door. Her hands moved up to the wires, softly tugging at them to pull them out so she could go speak to Anna about everything and nothing, her favourite part of the day. However, when she walked inside the scent of death hit her first, then she heard the soft cries of her friend.

Slowly stepping into the room, she noticed two bodies, both staked in the heart, already desiccating. Greys bled into blacks as the vein lines became much more prominent from the lack of blood in their bodies. Hunched over one of the bodies was Anna, sobbing into the lifeless corpse of her mother. Immediately, Heidi races towards her friend, wrapping her in a hug and holding her body close to hers.

"Hey, hey, hey, Anna, listen to me," Heidi whispered, pressing a soft kiss to Anna's temple as she spoke softly to her best friend, "you're gonna be okay, I'm here."

"She's gone, H, she's really gone." Anna sobbed into her chest, unable to get the image out of her head. "I can't do this without her."

"Hey, breathe, come on, in and out." Heidi coaxed the girl, the pads of thumbs wiping away the tears that had fallen. "I swear to you, Anna, we will kill whoever did this, I promise."

Rocking the hysterical girl slightly, Heidi kept her safe in her arms, swearing she'd do whatever it takes to protect her best friend. In her mind, she knew who did this, John, it was no surprise he hated vampires. Yet, she couldn't just go and kill her friend's uncle for no apparent reason. Besides, she'd only just sorted whatever friendship mishap was going on with her and Jeremy, she couldn't screw that up now.

     All she could do was be a shoulder for Anna to cry on, allowing her to open up as much as she needed. One thing she had to ensure was that Anna's humanity remained turned on. She'd experienced life without the switch on and she'd take it back if she could, Anna wouldn't survive when it came to turning it back on, she was too emotional to cope with the consequences of what she'd done. She hardly liked killing now, sticking to blood bags.

     That was Heidi's main priority right now, keeping Anna's humanity switched on, no matter what it took.

Words~849.
{edited:no}