𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

     During the founders day festivities, Anna had gone to go locate Damon to explain what the tomb vampires plans were

During the founders day festivities, Anna had gone to go locate Damon to explain what the tomb vampires plans were. As she did this, Heidi went to search for her new friend, trying to explain as much as possible in such little time. She knew bits and pieces but none of it was clear to her, but she was certain his uncle played a part in the murder of her best friend's mother.

Heidi needed to explain that because of this horrific incident, she and Anna needed to get out of this hellish town, see something new. Once she located the human boy, she dragged him into the disabled bathrooms, propping herself onto the sink counter as he leaned against the wall opposite her, wondering what all this was about. With a deep sigh, she blurted it all out, explaining her reasoning as to why she needed to leave before she inevitably lost her friend as well.

"So, you're leaving?" Jeremy asked quietly while she bit her lip nervously, listening to the distant exclaims of the crowds outside.

"Not forever, though." Heidi tried to make it seem better but in reality, none of it mattered, they both knew it. "When you're a rich and famous artist, I'll be your number one fan, buying all your artwork."

Jeremy chuckled, shaking his head as he failed to hide the amusement. "My number one stalker." He mumbled in remembrance to their earlier friendship.

Just as Heidi went to reply, she was cut off by a painful ringing in her head. It pierced her so harshly that she let out a soft whimper, clutching her hands against her temple to make it stop. The quiet whimper turned into louder wails as she begged for it stop hurting so badly. Jeremy's eyes widened as he rushed over to the girl, wrapping his arms around her as she buried her head into his shirt. The pain was indescribable but she had never felt anything as bad as this. Death itself would be a luxury after this horrific feeling.

Minutes passed and it still hadn't stopped, panicking Jeremy further as he rubbed her back soothingly, wanting desperately to silence her painful cries of terror. The sounds she made broke his heart as he held her through it, wanting more than nothing to stop the agonising pain she felt.

The door burst open, revealing a cop who had his hand over his radio as he announced he had found another one. Confused and scared, Jeremy watched as the man injected Heidi with something, making her eyes roll to the back of her head as she felt herself growing unconscious. Her once tight grip on his shirt loosened as the guard hoisted her out of the boy's arms and away from him, despite his protests as he begged them to let her go.

Instead they took her to the others, dropping her body on the floor as they returned back outside to go find more vampires. It was there she lay until she slowly began gaining consciousness. She was weak, unable to move, but she moved her head slightly to look at her surroundings. It was a basement of some kind and there were various bodies all around her.

Familiar black hair stuck out to her and she mumbled her best friend's name, desperately trying to reach her. Footsteps echoed and she allowed her eyes to adjust, noticing Jeremy's uncle entering the room. Of course it was him, who else would do all this? As he spoke, she couldn't understand the words he was saying but she felt the feeling of some sort of liquid being poured over her body.

A few seconds of her brain working did she realise it was gasoline they were pouring over them all, they were going to burn them. She was defenceless against this attack, too weak with the vervain they'd used. It was decided, she was going to die here, among over bodies because she couldn't manage to find the strength to pull herself out of this death trap.

Footsteps once again echoed around the basement and she squinted, noticing a body stood above hers. John. In his hands, he held a wooden stake, crouching down ready to send it straight to her heart. Smiling slightly, she accepted this fate, unable to stop what was happening. However, while she waited for the impact, nothing happened and she slowly opened her eyes, noticing that Anna had reached over to lightly grab John's foot.

Turning the attention away from Heidi, he smiled at Anna, eyes full of vengeance as he raised the stake. "Please, no." She begged softly and it was then did Heidi realise what was happening, mumbling incoherent stammers of 'no' as he ignored her. Lifting his arm upwards, he sent the stake directly into her heart and a tear slipped from Heidi's eyes, rolling down her cheeks as she watched her sister's skin turn into that haunting grey tone.

As she took her final breath, her eyes connected with Heidi's, her lips upturning into a small comforting smile, reassuring her that she was with her mother now. Sobs racked the girl as she watched John stand up, walking away as if she hadn't just murdered her best friend. Anger was all she felt as she tried to force herself to see through the thick layer of tears. It was in vain, she was going to die, the fire that had begun to spread around the basement only proved that.

She'd be with Anna and Pearl soon.

While she closed her eyes and embraced that familiar feeling of death, she felt someone crouch down beside her, wrapping their arms around her shoulder and pull her up. Stumbling slightly, she looked to see it was Stefan's brother, Damon, both were insanely weak and could hardly hold themselves up never mind one another. It was at that moment, Stefan rushed through a path in the fire, rushing over to the two.

Immediately his focus was on his brother, noticing he had a harsh grip on a smaller girl who was often seen with Anna. Together, the three stumbled through the flames, coughing and spluttering as they landed outside, breathing in the clean air. Once they were outside, Heidi dropped to the ground, ignoring the conversation the others shared as she allowed herself a moment to grieve her sister.

"Why save me?" Heidi whispered to Damon when Elena and Stefan had gone inside the Grill.

"I felt pity, I guess." Damon shrugged, still slightly weak but slowly getting his strength back. "It would be cruel to leave you to die."

"You should've left me to die." Heidi mumbled, spluttering as she forced herself to catch her breath.

" Heidi mumbled, spluttering as she forced herself to catch her breath

Words~1126.
{edited:no}