Part 2

Mentions of scars

The team landed in California. They all walked out of the plane in tactical gear with there army duffel bags in hand. Soap walked out first very excitedly.

Soap: I thought California love is supposed to play when you land in California.

Gaz: soap. Disrespectfully, shut the fuck up

Soap: rude.

Kate: this way boys.

~ Camilas Pov~

I saw Kate walking with a group of 6 guys. I took a cigarette out of my pocket and held it up in the air.

Camila: alright. Who wants to light my cigarette?

A group of military officials ran over with lighters. One fine young man lit it for me. I took a long huff and put a hand on the man's shoulder.

Camila: thanks buddy.

I leaned against my airplane waiting for Kate to  arrive. I was wearing a v-neck black jumpsuit with black stiletto heels and my gold wings on my left boob. I had a Bottle of whiskey in my right hand and a lit cigarette in my left.

Kate: Captain Davis 'Birdy'

Camila: Agent Kate Laswell. Been a minute hasn't it?

Kate: yeah since Eureka

Camila: Well actually the funeral. We got drunk in that bar off 97. We ended up making out on my couch and then you met your now wife Melanie, who was my roommate at the time.

Kate: thanks for that night actually. We're really happy.

Camila: that's good! Children?

Kate: none yet but we've talked about it. You got someone waiting for you back at your safe house?

Camila: I don't necessarily have someone I have something. A dog and a bottle of vodka.

Kate: better than nothing.

Camila: I can agree. Are these my boys?

Kate: yep!

Camila: alright. Load up. Put your bags in the bins overhead and buckle up.

Price: why are we getting in another plane?

Camila: you have to fly to my house. Don't worry it's only a 30 minute flight. Maybe less if I go over the speed limit.

Rudy: please don't.

Camila: don't worry I won't. Just for you. *wink*

Alejandro: are you drinking while flying?

Camila: no. I may be an alcoholic but I'm not stupid. You see that nice general over there? He gave it to me.

Kate: alright I'm out. Camila take care of my boys.

Camila: don't worry I got this.

I walked the boys into the plane and lifted the overhead bins. The plane wasn't huge but it wasn't small either. The plane could fit about 10 people at most. I watched the boys load up there bags and sit in their chosen seats.

I put out my cigarette and walked to the cockpit. I sat in my seat and put my headset on. I flipped a few switches and buttons and the airplane turned on.

Camila: attention 141 and Los Vaqueros this is your captain speaking. We are ready for takeoff so please fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride. Captain, if you want to join me in the cockpit you're more than welcome to.

I heard the door behind me open. I watched as the captain took a seat next to me.

Camila: Camila Davis. Nice to meet you captain.

Price: John Price.

Camila: I would shake your hand but I'm driving a plane right now. Can you do me a favor and click those two switches right there?

Captain price flipped the switches and the plane's engine whirred alive. I put my sunglasses on.

Camila: flight 1057 on runway nine. Permission to take off?

Air traffic control: permission granted. Take flight 1057.

Camila: take to the sky Betty.

Price: who's Betty.

Camila: the plane. Named her after my great aunt. Isn't she a beauty though?

Price: I don't know much about planes.

Camila: that's alright. I don't know much about the British army. Turn that knob right there.

Price turned the knob and the song American pie came on over the radio. I pushed the throttle forward and the plane sped up as we went down the runway. When we neared the end of the runway I lifted the wheel towards me and lifted the plane into the sky.

Camila: anddd we're off.

Price: what's with the music?

Camila: it's not a true American experience unless you hear this song atleast once, and I'm a few when we land I'll play California love for the scot in the back.

I flew up to the right altitude and leveled the plane out. I pulled in the landing gear and flipped a few switches off. I extended the wings of the plane and slowed the plane down to a normal speed.

Camila: you don't like me very much do you?

Price: it's not that I don't like you. I just don't trust you. I was just betrayed by an American.

Camila: mhm I was betrayed once. It's how I got this cool scar.

I lifted my head to show him the pinkish scar on my neck from getting my throat slit open.

Camila: I should be dead, but of course someone came and saved me.

Price: I'm sorry you had to endure that.

Camila: it's whatever. I'm sorry you were betrayed.

Price: I know we're having a sweet moment but don't think I trust you. You have to trust someone to be betrayed. I never will.

Camila: don't worry. I know how it feels. Trust is hard to earn. Can you flip that switch right there.

I lowered the landing gear and widened my wings. I turned on California love and got my radio to make an announcement.

Camila: alrighttt boys! were landing at the sweet home of Camila Davis . The current time is 3:05 pm and the skies are sunny. Current temperature is 86°F. Please fasten your seat belts and put your tray tables up in preparation for landing.

I pushed the steering wheel forward to lower the plane slowly. I turned very slightly to the left. I continued straightening the plane until I finally landed it on the runway. I pulled the throttle back and pressed the brakes until the plane came to a stop.

I turned a few knobs and flipped a couple switches and continued down the runway. I turned into a metal hangar and parked the plane inside. I turned the plane off and unbuckled.

I grabbed my bottle of whiskey and walked out of the cockpit to meet the others. I saw everyone grabbing their bags. I opened the bottle of whiskey in my hand and took a long swig. Once everyone had gotten there bags I walked down the stairs to the ground. I walked to the nose of the plane and put my forehead against it.

Camila: you did good old girl.

I patted the plane softly and walked back to the group. I walked past them and led them to my house. It wasn't a long walk but it sure was a walk. When we got to my drive way I frowned as I saw a blue suv.

Camila: shit! I forgot my niece is staying with me for a few days. Hope you guys don't mind a little five year old running around.