Part 6: Tension

Camilla: Mateo can we talk for a minute?

Mateo: Yeah! Bailey, can you watch Olivia?

Bailey: course!

I walked outside to the back porch looking out at the beach. Mateo soon followed after. I'm about to break the news to him. I still haven't told him about how I was called back into service. I'm sure he has a hint to it. He always does. He may be younger than me, but he is always one step ahead of me.

Mateo: Those aren't just old military buddies are they?

Camilla: I'm sorry Mateo. I've been called back in service.

Mateo: Cam... I'm not mad. I just want you to be safe. We all know what happened to Ethan, and I don't want to have to bury my sister.

Camilla: I'll come back. I'm Birdy. I love you, Mateo. Ew, that felt weird to say.

Mateo: I love you too Cam. Damn, that did feel weird. Don't drink and fly!

We went inside while laughing. I went over to Olivia who was playing with Ghost. She likes him. I don't know whether to be worried or happy that she'll always have protection. Even if I don't come back, I know these boys will protect her from afar. I made a promise though. I'm going to come back, and if I die trying I'll come back in spirit.

Camilla: Hug? I won't see you for a while, but I will see you on your birthday alright?

Olivia: Will you talk to me through the radio?

Camilla: you know it kid. Remember to always wait for me to talk first ok?

Olivia: I know Aunt Birdy.

Camilla: Birdy?

Olivia: Hawk!

Camilla: That's my girl. Be nice to your dads for me.

Bailey: C'mon Olive Let's go before we miss your friend's party.

Olivia: I don't want to leave Ghost though.

Ghost: It's alright. I'll be here next time you come back.

Olivia: Ok!

Bailey: Be safe guys. Especially you Cam.

Camilla: Yeah yeah.

Mateo: Remember what I said!

Camilla: I will.

I waved as they all left. I let out a sigh and immediately went to my cabinet. I grabbed the trash can and started throwing away every single bottle I had. Even the secret ones in the dish cabinet and the minis in the junk drawer. I have to stop now. Can't fly a jet if you're drunk.

Camilla: Call Laswell and tell her let's get this show on the road.

Soap: what are you planning Lass?

Camilla: we're taking back Alejandro's and Rudy's HQ and I'm quitting alcohol. Im going to regret this but it's whatever.

Rudy: But Graves has full control over it.

Camilla: who cares about Graves? You guys have a Birdy on your team. I'm literally a walking legend. I've had my throat slit open and LIVED! I'm not saying I can't die, but I am pretty strong-willed. It takes a lot to kill me. I'm also an annoying little shit

Price: hey be nice to yourself!

Camilla: what it's true?

Ghost: so we're taking back HQ?

Camilla: mhm! Get you're gear on. We're going on a road trip!

Gaz: Hell yeah! I love road-trips!

Soap: Can I control Bluetooth?

Camilla: alright as long as I get to play a couple songs.

I watch everyone run to their rooms and pack up everything. I walk up to my room and start packing my own bag. I take out my old flight suit and look at all the patches before putting it in the bag. I then take Ethan's dog tags from the wall and put them around my neck with my own dog tags.

I sigh and walk out of my bedroom. I walk back down to the living room and greet everyone. I give them a kind smile and start packing a small bag with snacks and drinks.

Camilla: alright let's go load up!

I fist bump Ethan's picture on the wall and grab my keys. I walk out to the car and get into the drivers seat. I watch as everyone files into the car and starts to do their own thing. I help Soap connect his phone and I start driving off.

The drive is only about 5 and a half hours from my house to the airforce base that Laswell is currently waiting at.

I smile as I drive through the California hills and watch the ocean. I feel a pair of eyes looking at me and I look over to see the Captain's piercing blue eyes.

I smile softly at him and grab his hand to set in on my thigh. His eyes widen as he tries to see if any of the boys saw. I rub my thumb over his calloused hands and stare out at the road.

I feel him relax a little more and start to rub his thumb on the skin of my thigh. The gentle touches and subtle glance makes my mind swirl and my insides churn. I am easily turned on by how his huge hands can fit so easily against my thick thighs.

It makes my thoughts run loud in my head. It makes me wonder how good he is with his hands. I bet he could easily man handle me with his strong, tone arms and his large hands.

My thighs clench softly at the idea and I can see Price give me a knowing glance with a smirk. He starts to rub soft circles into my skin and I can feel my breath get slightly heavy.

After about two hours of driving I open a water bottle with my free hand and quickly take a sip. A droplet runs from my mouth down to my neck. I watch the captain take a quick glance around and when it's clear he takes his thumb and wipes up the water. His thumb makes it to my lips and lingers on my bottom lip for an extra minute.

Before I know it I take the exit and immediately start trying to find a hotel. I go into the McDonald's drive thru and guickly order everyone some food.

Camilla: Laswell told me there's a bad storm up ahead so she wants us to stay somewhere overnight.

I watch everyone nod and as we get to the hotel I hand everyone their key cards. I get the bags out of the trunk and help everyone get their right bags.

Camilla: alright pair up. Ghost if you would like I got a single room.

Ghost: thanks ma'am.

Camilla: call me Camilla or Cam. I don't care about formalities.

I watch everyone go to their respective rooms. I walk with the captain all the way down to the end of the hall.

I open the door and quickly set my bags down. I watch as the captain does the same and before I know it he pushed me against the wall in a gentle but tough manner. His lips are on mine almost immediately.

His hands tangle into my hair as my arms wrap around his neck. When we break the kiss we're both out of breath and desire twinkles in my eyes.

Price: D-Do you want to?

Camilla: Captain I've been waiting for this moment since we accidentally bumped legs.