Chapter 1- The letter and jobs

i hope you enjoy this fanfic i know i have done loads more fanfics of fairy tail but it is because i'm such a big fan!

_________________________________________________________

~Lucy's POV~

I woke up early to a knock at the door, opening my bedroom door i sprinted to the front door, still in my pajamas. I opened it to see the mailman.

"Ms. Lucy, i have a letter for you" he said

"thank you" i thanked him and took the letter from him, as he walked back down the driveway i closed the door. I opened the letter and read it.

Dear Lucy,

I am putting my debts into your hands as i must teach you to be responsible for family members the debts are to be payed to the Dragneel household preferably Igneel Dragneel, i hope you pay the off, if you don't i WILL be very dissapointed in you, you are a Hearphilia and should do this for me, earn the money by getting a job, i'm sure that won't be too much work for you.

Signed,

Jude Heartphilia

"he couldn't even sign, father" i grumbled. "why do i have to do this?" i asked out loud. I ran back to my room and did my mourning routine, put on my usual outfit, brushed my hair and ran out of the door grabbing everything i needed on the way.

I made my way to the Magnolia Mall (MM for short) and started searching for a job. Every job i tried to get i failed and a few hours later i gave up on looking for a job. "Stupid father" i mumbled as i left the mall. "i know i'll go to the Dragneels' and explain everything to them, they will understand" i said reassuring myself and thinking that they might be a nice family.

I arrived at the residence and rang the doorbell. A maid opened the door. "Hello and welcome to the Dragneel residence, how may i help you" she asked me.

"hello i'm here to see Igneel Dragneel" i said looking at the letter in my hand.

follow me" she replied standing aside so i could come in. When i got in she genstured for me to follow her so i walked behind her through a very long hallway until we reached a far room at the very end. The maid knocked.

"yes?" A masculine voice asked.

"you have a guest" she replied.

"bring them in" his voice replied as the girl opened the door and ushered me into the room. When i got in he asked me "how may i help you?". He looked up when he said this. "You look very familiar" he added.

"uhh i do?" i asked

"yes, what is your name?" he asked me

"L-Lucy Heartphilia" I answered

"i see, you look like Layla" he confessed. I looked to the floor to try to hide my tears, he was talking about my deceased mother.

"oh, have i upset you?" he asked me concerned.

"mother is dead" i confessed.

"oh i am so sorry" he replied with a sad tone.

"it's okay" i responded

"anyway what do you want to talk to me about?" he asked me, changing the subject.

"well it's about my dad's debts" i said as i passed the letter to him. "you see i've tried but i just can't get a job" i confessed.

"i see, well seen a so me and layla were friends i guess i can help you out" he said smiling.

"you can?" i asked him

"yes, Lucy how would you like to work here?" he asked me.

"i-i would love to work here" i replied clapping once in delight.

"very well, Lucy you are to be a personal maid to my son you will do whatever he orders, if you need anything feel free to ask me or him" he said. I nodded. "Lucy, welcome to your new home" he added making me smile.

"pleasure to be here" i replied.

______________________________________________________

first chappie done