Chapter 3- First day at Fairy High

i hope you enjoy this, i'm so sorry i haven't updated in like 2 days, i haven't for many of my others, i've done a hell of alot of fairy tail fanfics lately.

I am aware that i have spelt Lucy's surname incorrectly and will fix it when i have the time, thank you for the understanding.

_______________________________________________________________

~Natsu's POV~

I walked out of my room to see Lucy in her student uniform, cleaning the hallway. "you take this really seriously, don't you?" i asked her. She nodded. I sighed. "I forgot to ask you, why are you working here anyways?" i asked her leaning against the wall beside my open door.

"you don't need to know why" she responded looking towards the floor.

I sighed "i demand to know why" i said knowing she has to do everything i demand.

She looked up to me, i saw tears in her eyes "fine i'll tell you" she sighed balancing the broom against the wall "My father owes your father money and then my father sent me a letter after about 1 year saying i need to pay his debts and that's why" she confessed. "my no good father" she added.

"i see" i replied feeling guilty that i asked.

"no need to feel guilty master" she said.

"please, call me natsu" i said smiling.

"fine, natsu" she said looking up, i looked at her and our eyes met, we were staring at eachother for a few seconds but it felt like forever. She looked away quickly with a visible blush on her cheeks.

"you know you don't need to clean on school days" i pointed out

"i don't?" she asked. I shook my head. "ohh!" she said whilst taking the broom back into the cupboard.

"Natsu, Wendy, lucy come on" Mum yelled to us.

"comin', come on luce" i said turning and running down the stairs. She followed but on the last step she tripped over...i caught her...

"th-thanks" she said whilst i helped her back to her feet. She had a much more red blush on her cheeks, same with me.

"n-no problem luce" i replied.

"Lucy-san are you alright?" Wendy asked

"yeah, now shall we go to Mr. Igneel?" Lucy asked and both me and wendy nodded. So we walked out quickly and got into dad's car and drove off but then.

"i'm gonna be sick" i exclaimed hanging my head out of the window.

"motion sickness?" lucy asked. Wendy nodded. "doesn't he have pills or something?" she asked.

"nope" wendy replied shaking her head.

finallywe arrived and i scrambled out of the car "i'm revived" i yelled as i put my fist in the air. I ran to the entrance of the school with Wendy and Lucy. Wendy then went over to the younger classes whilst me and lucy stayed in the main building.

"Flame-brain, that you?" a familiar voice said. I saw Gray running up to to me and lucy but being the idiot he is he accidently barged into lucy sending her my way. I wasn't fast enough this time and we both fell over but with my luck i landed on-top of her...great...

"uh i'm so sorry luce" i hurriedly said, our faces were inches apart. Everyone was looking at us. Her face was bright red...cute...WAIT WHAT?!

"n-natsu, c-can y-you g-get o-off o-of m-me?" she stuttered, i was still on-top of her, oops. I scrambled to my feet and helped her stand.

"sorry, luce" i said again. Her face was still bright red.

"i-it's alright" she said waving her hands in-front of her face "seriously". I nodded in agreement to her.

"so, smoke brain who's this?" Gray asked interrupting us.

"Ice princess, this is Lucy" I said

"Ice princess?" lucy asked.

I bent down and whispered in her ear "his real name is Gray".

"oh i'm so sorry" she said "Gray" she added.

"it's alright" Gray replied laughing, just then the bell rang and we ran to class, lucy went to reception.

I ran into class with gray following me. "sorry we're late" i said as i sat down. Gray sat down behind me.

"class we have a new student" the teacher said. Just then i saw a glance of blonde hair through the glass panel in the door. Less then a second later lucy entered the room and most of the boys whistled. I sweatdropped and from what i could see so did lucy.

"Hello" lucy said

"hello now lucy dear, do you know anyone here?" the teacher asked lucy.

"hmphh i know Natsu and Gray" she said seeing us in the second and third row.

"i see, you can sit next to natsu but before you do, can you introduce yourself to the class?"

"Hello i'm Lucy Heartphilia and i'm 17" lucy said then she sat next to me in a flash.

~Lunchtime~

I led lucy to the cafeteria, we got our lunch then sat down at a table. In a blink of an eye the table became full with all of my friends.

"Hey lucy these are my friends" i pointed out "Levy, Gajeel, Juvia, Mira, Erza, Lisanna, Loke, Elfman, Romeo" i said pointing to my friends that had arrived and sat down. Wendy and Gray are also here but she already knows them.

"hello" she said to them.

"hello, mind if i call you lu-chan?" Levy asked her.

"sure, Levy-chan" lucy replied

"can i call you lu-chan too?" lisanna asked.

"sure, Lisa-chan" lucy replied giggling.

"RIGHT, i heard mumbles about this morning!" Mira yelled "Natsu" she winked at me "and lucy" she smiled at lucy. Then she looked like she was thinking. "AHA NaLu!" she screamed/yelled.

"NaLu?" Erza asked, then mira explained everything to her, this made both me and lucy go red. I looked at lucy and she looked back at me so i smiled at her.

~After School~

Me and lucy decided to walk home whilst wendy went home with dad. We got a notice at school saying that valentine's day was coming up, and everyone wanted to know who lucy was buying chocolates for. It was silent until i spoke up. "so who are you buying chocolates for?" i asked her. She looked at me.

"i don't know" she replied looking away she had a look in her eyes saying she already bought chocolates, she started to speed up. I grabbed her wrist tightly, she tried to get out of my grip. "N-natsu?" she asked.

"This is a command, don't buy anyone chocolates" i snarled bitterly. I then let go of her wrist and walked off without her, she just stood there in the street holding her wrist and she had a look of fear in her eyes.

______________________________________________________

what just happened to natsu's personality?

is it jelousy?