7 - Party

Party! party! party!

Man, am I excited! I haven't ever been invited to a highschool party, so to jump straight into a big kid party is exhilarating. Although, it's pretty terrifying.

What to I wear? Frannie said she'd help me. Will there be music? I sure hope so. Does everyone dance? Yay, that's so fun! Will I dance? Of course, I will! Is there going to be alcohol? I hope not. Is it party etiquette to drink it? I don't want to drink it, I won't drink it. Will the people there like me? No, but should I care? Nope.

I'm going to a college party!

"You good, girl?" Frannie asks me. Her eyebrow is quirked up.

"Yep," I tell her. I'm sitting on her bed, which is so comfy, by the way, waiting for her to pick out something for me to wear while patting my legs excitedly.

I don't own many party dresses. I only realized that when Frannie insisted I don't wear a summer dress, and instead a short, tight dress that'll make all the dudes think they have a chance.

When she said that, my intial thought was, 'I hope Levi likes it'. The following thought was, 'Pshh, he won't be there!' My third thought was, 'I shouldn't care'. And my last thought was, 'I do care.'

Frannie must have found something, because I hear a "Perfect!"

She turns to me. "I figure you don't want something too...revealing. So how's this" she holds up a short, silk white dress, "and this." In her other hand, she lifts a cute green sweater.

I stare at how pretty it is. Apparently, I stare for a while because Frannie huffs, "I have no idea what else you'll like because our bloody styles are nearly the exact opposite—"

"No, no, I like it," I assure her. "Thank you."

She leads me to her bathroom so I can change. Her house is really pretty, one I dream of having when my mom is healthy enough for me to move out. It's modern, but also unique with all the large paintings on her walls. Her mom is an artist, and her work is pretty famous.

Frannie's house doesn't feel empty, nor do I feel uncomfortable. I feel welcome, and cozy here. I wish I could feel the same in my own house.

I change quickly. The dress is a bit long, since Frannie is taller than me. But I love it. It dips a little low so it feels like my entire chest is exposed. When I look down, though, I notice that my girlies are covered.

Phew, don't want one fallin' out tonight.

Pulling on the soft sweater, I look at myself in the mirror. My hair is at my elbows, curled slightly. Dad had wavy hair, and I'm glad I do, too. It makes me feel more connected to him, somehow.

Now, I'm not one to toot my own horn but... I'm gonna toot it anyways.

I look good in this dress.