16 - Aux

"What about this color?" Frannie asks me, holding up a pale pink flower dress

We decided to go to the mall for clothes, since Frannie claims my closet needs to be fuller. I don't know how she knew that, given she's never stepped foot into my house, but I'm not mad.

I love shopping!

Levi, Mr. Grumpy Pants, on the other hand, does not enjoy shopping.

Nor did he enjoy it when Frannie pulled me out of his arms this morning and said that if he wanted to spend the day with me, he'd have to be our chauffeur to the mall.

He's still not happy about it.

But currently, he's at my shoulder, messing with a strand of my hair like I realize he always does.

He hasn't kissed me since last night. And boy, oh, boy do I want him to kiss me again. But I will stick with what I said: I want to go slow. I've never been in a relationship, I want to figure out how it works first.

With him, of course.

His head tilts at the dress Frannie holds as if imagining what I'd look like in it.

"Fuck yeah," he says, taking it by the hanger and handing it to River, who Frannie also dragged out of bed.

River hooks the dress on his arm along with the others Frannie and I have picked out, like our personal rack.

"I feel objectified," he claims.

"Good, now you know how us girls feel every day," Frannie returns, patting his head as she passes, bringing me with her.

Levi and River share a look, but Levi shrugs and trails after me.

Frannie says, "I love you in green," as she picks out a fuzzy sage sweater that's cropped. "The white dress on River's right arm, behind the red skirt, would go perfect with this."

River moves his arm so all the items are displayed, and I spot the white dress. He uses a hand motion to the dress, saying 'ooo la la'.

I giggle at him. "I don't know if I have the money to get all these," I admit.

"Who the fuck said you were paying?" Levi crosses his arms.

"This is one of the most expensive stores in the entire mall, dude," I reckon, also crossing my arms.

Frannie turns to me after sorting through racks of clothing. "Have you seen his house? He's got plenty of money."

"Fran, I think the men have had enough objectifying over the years," River jokes, just to get under Frannie's skin, sending a crooked smile her way.

She rolls his eyes at him, then goes back to shuffling through clothes. Not before I can see the little smile of her own.

I should make them a vision board, they'd be so cute together. Plus, it's evident that there's something there.