13 - Bobella

What in the world is Frannie doing here? And the four guys from the diner? They're all friends?

"You have a lot of friends," I mumble to Levi.

"They're not my fucking friends," he says, annoyed.

Nicolas rolls his eyes. "We are your besties whether you like it or not, bossman."

Bossman?

Levi sits up, and I fall out of his hold. Suddenly, he gets very serious. "Leave," he says lowly.

Oh.

Okay, then, I guess.

I start to stand, being wary of Coach who lays at my feet. Mom is probably expecting me anyways, it's morning time. I'm assuming she's not happy.

Levi gently grabs my arm when I start walking away. "Not you, dumbass." He pulls me back down on the couch.

Phew. I certainly do not want to go home. I have no doubt that Mom is mad.

"I'm so hurt," Fisher counters, hand on his chest. He looks around at everyone. "We come to visit our boss, and this is how he reacts?"

"Your boss?" I ask curiously. Maybe it's just a nickname.

"Yeah," River says slowly. "He didn't—"

"No," Levi snaps. "Leave."

Frannie narrows her eyes at him. "You didn't tell her?"

"You could've told her, too, Fran," Fisher mutters, and she makes a particularly vulgar gesture towards him.

"I don't want her involved in our shit," Levi tells them, angrily. "So don't fucking get her involved."

Excuse me? Why are they talking like I'm not sitting right here? I ask carefully, "What crap?"

They all look at Levi expectantly.

"If you don't," Frannie says, "I will."

"Get the fuck out," Levi demands.

Fisher grins. "We're pissing off the bossman, aren't we?"

"Can someone please tell me why you call him that?" I murmur, scared to raise my voice. I have a feeling they've forgotten I'm here.

"None of your fuckin' business," Levi snaps down at me.

Oh. I don't know why him snapping at me made my mood decline so much. Especially after the good night we had, all cuddled and warm. But if he doesn't want me around, then I'm not going to burden him with my presence.

"I'm gonna go now," I counter, rising.

"No," he protests. "Don't go, they'll fucking go."

"I don't exactly feel like being shut out today," I say honestly.