Prologue

"You're a heartless asshole!" Meagan yelled at the top of her lungs.

Tears were streaming down her perfectly flawless face. But the face staring back at her was nothing less than impassive. The cold, hazel eyes bored into her shimmering darker ones. How could anyone be so damn emotionless?

"Meagan, you may take your things and leave." The man said back. "You can also keep the car."

"I don't want your damn car!" She cried, slamming her fist into his chest. "I want you to care. I want you to love me."

"Meagan-"

"Why can't you love me? I made it so easy to love me. I talked how you wanted. Dressed how you wanted. Did everything you wanted. You're probably gay!" She choked out bitterly. "That's why you can't love me back!"

That left side of his mouth quirked up at her comment. He took a menacing step towards her. She instinctively took a step back. He took another step forward and she took another step back. These actions continued until her back hit against a solid wall.

"Gay?" He repeated in an amused voice. "I wasn't gay when I taking you on shopping sprees in Paris. I wasn't gay when we were vacationing in the Bahamas. I wasn't gay when you were clawing at my back when I was fucking you." He spat the words sourly and Meagan winced. Pete slammed his fist against the wall an inch away from her head. She jumped with a squeal. "But now that I don't want you anymore, I'm some faggot?"

"I-I-"

"Shut up!" He roared. She winced again. Pete backed away from her and she slumped against the wall in relief. Pete straighted his tie. "Ryan?"

The tall, thin man appeared instantly. "Yes?"

"Show, Ms. Camper out please."

Ryan nodded. He walked over to the wall and pulled her to her feet. She followed Ryan to the grand front door. Her wet eyes glaring towards Pete the entire time. Ryan opened the door and stepped aside to let her out.

"You're going to regret this!" She yelled at Pete. "I swear to god, you will!"

"It was fun." Pete smiled back and the door slammed close.