Thirteen

"I want him gone!"

Pete, Patrick and Ryan were all standing in Pete's office the next day. Yesterday had been a blur of Ryan trying to cater to Patrick. Who had gotten sick from his little drinking adventure yesterday morning. And also a blur of Pete yelling at Ryan. Now that they were all in the same room, things were worse.

"You can't just get rid of him. The plan will be ruined!" Ryan argued.

"Find me someone else. Someone who isn't an alcoholic!"

Patrick spoke up then. "I am not an alcoholic! I drink from time to time-"

"You finished a bottle of champagne in less than an hour. You fucking alcoholic!"

"Stop calling me that! You fucking narcissistic-"

"Hey!" Ryan threw his hands up to stop them. "I know you're mad, Pete-"

"Mad is an extreme understatement!"

"But you can't just replace him. He introduced himself as your boyfriend publicly. Switching guys randomly will make you look tacky and fickle."

"It was a small group of paparazzi-"

"The pictures are everywhere!"

Ryan threw the magazine he'd been holding towards Pete. Of course pete caught it. He read the top. Common, gossip magazine. Trash. He was about to tell Ryan he didn't care about this trash, but the picture on the cover of the magazine stopped him.

It was of him and Patrick outside of the restaurant. His arms were wound tight around the painter. He was smiling down at the small man. Who was looking up at him through glasses and parted lips. Damn it! They'd caught him smiling. The header read What's Got The Billionaire Ice King Smiling?

He flipped through the cheap pages to find the inside story. Of course there were even more pictures of the two together. Getting out of the car. Holding hands as they walked. And even his tossing Patrick into the car.

'Billionaire, Peter Wentz was spotted outside of the famous Mini's restaurant with who was apparently his new boyfriend(?) We're as shocked as any of you
Unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard the tales of Wentz's extreme homophobia. But is that exactly what they are? Just Tales? It appears so.
Just yesterday he was seen flaunting his hot new boyfriend around the lovely streets of our hometown. Even exchanging a lust filled gaze in front of our very cameras.'

"This is such garbage!"

Pete tossed the magazine on his desk. Patrick rushed over and grabbed it up. He'd never seem his face on the cover of a magazine before. And he actually looked good. Even in that clown suit.

"Whoa." He muttered.

"If you like that, you're going to love this."

Ryan unfolded the magazine in his other hand. Instead of handing it to Patrick or Pete, he flattened it on the desk. So both of the men could see it.

This cover didn't feature the 'happy couple'. Instead only Patrick graced the front page. He was standing confidently in front of the place. Mouth agape as if he were in the middle of saying something to the camera. His outfit looked perfect there. The sunglasses really put his look together. The headline was 'Petey's mysterious boy toy'

"Look, it's me!"

"We know it's you." Ryan smiled.

"That's great and all. I'm happy you get to be on a cover." Pete said.

"Really?" Patrick's smile looked face splitting.

"Yes." Pete's voice was overly enthusiastic. He turned his gaze on Ryan. "I want him gone."

"No. Can't do."

"Why not?"

"You guys have an interview with E! News today."

"We just publicly came out yesterday!" Pete groaned.

"Days are years in the public eye."

"I don't want to be with him." Pete said plainly.

"Because I told them you were my boyfriend?" Patrick scoffed. "Wasn't that the point?"

"Because you're an alcoholic!"

"I told you to watch it with that!"

"We don't have time for this!" Ryan snapped. "Patrick, your outfit is laid out on your bed."

"I can dress myself."

Both Pete and Ryan rolled their eyes.

"Stop joking around and-"

Patrick's phone began vibrating in his pocket. He held up a finger to silence Ryan as he answered.

"Hello?"

"You little sneaky whore!"

"Brendon?"

Ryan piped up. "Is that Brendon?"

"You're dating that billionaire hotty McHotass and you didn't tell me?!"

"Bren-"

"How could you? I thought we were brothers. Or sisters."

"We are!"

"Did he mention me?" Ryan whispered.

Patrick ignored him. And continued listening to Brendon whine in his ear about loyalty and sisterhood.

"-I even told you when I lost my virginity. And you couldn't tell me this? Have you had sex?"

"Ew, Brendon!"

"Tell him I said hi!" Ryan whispered.

Patrick shoed him off.

"You have!" Brendon gasped.

Ryan reached over and snatched the phone out of Patrick's hands. Patrick grabbed for it but he was too short.

"Give it back!"

"Hello?" Ryan said into the phone. Deepening his voice.

"Who the fuck is this?"

"I-It's Ryan."

"Money bags!" Brendon's voice took on a humored tone. "I'm loving the many new additons to my wardrobe."

"There's a lot, huh?"

"Yup!" He sounded like he was on the verge of laughter.

"Yet I still went home Brendonless."

"I still didn't like you."

"Oh, that's rich-"

"Just like you, money bags."

"You know what-"

Ryan heard the deadpan silence on the other end as the line went dead. He moved the phone from his ear and glared at the dark screen.

"Did he hang up on you?" Patrick asked in a quiet voice.

"Shut up." Ryan pushed his phone back into his hands and sulked towards the door. "Get dressed."