Thirty One

Pete. Has. Tattoos.

No, not just one or two here and there. He has a bunch of tattoos. He has a fucking sleeve on his right arm. His left forearm is covered. There's one on his bicep and inner arm. And a necklace made of thorns around his neck.

But the one that Patrick can't take his eyes off of is the one below his bellybutton. Directly above his... Spot. It's a black and white heart with a yin and yang design. It's in the center of what looked to be bat's wings.

As an artist, Patrick could appreciate the ink covering Pete's body. It was one of the things he loved about Andy. Tattoos were expressive and creative.

As a man, Patrick could appreciate the fact that Pete got that tattoo in a place worth staring at. It sat right in the middle of the the deep V line traveling into Pete's swim trunks. Taunting Patrick. Practically begging him to touch it. To taste it.

"Patrick, don't you want to swim?" Pete yelled from his place in the water.

And in all honesty, Patrick never wanted anything less. He could happily stay sitting in this beach chair forever. Just watching Pete as he splashed around in the salty water.

Pete began walking out of the water. With every step, more and more of his legs were showing. When he was fully out of the water, he smiled. Why did this man have to be straight? But he did kiss him.... But only for the photoshoot. What did that mean?

It meant he kissed him for the photoshoot because he had to. And he was probably never going to do it again.

Patrick knew Pete was coming his way. He knew he was going to force him to get up and join him in the water. But Patrick couldn't make himself stand. He was too fixated on Pete's nearly naked body. And for every second that passed , he wanted to burn a suit.

"Pete." Patrick greeted when the man was standing in front of him. Blocking the sun.

"You don't want to swim with me?"

No. "Oh course."

"Then come swim with me!"

He grabbed Patrick's wrist and pulled him out of the chair. When Patrick was standing, he let go of his left wrist. But his other hand slid down his wrist until they were holding hands. Patrick grinned. Maybe Pete was straight, but he liked holding Patrick's hand. There was no doubt in his mind.

Pete caught Patrick smiling at their hands. "Because Brendon's here." He explained.

Yeah right.

Pete pulled Patrick towards the water. Patrick stopped him when they stepped into the wet sand.

"That looks cold as fuck."

"It is." He smiled.

"You have such a nice smile." Patrick blurted out. Blushing when he realized he'd said it out loud.

"So I keep hearing." His smiled widened.

Pete let go of Patrick's hand and stepped closer. Patrick held his breath. Waiting for what Pete would do. And practically begging him to kiss him in his head. Pete took Another step. Patrick tilted his head up. Pete smirked.

Quickly, so quickly Patrick didn't see it coming, he bent down and grabbed Patrick's knees. Tossing the smaller man over his shoulder. Patrick gasped. Not what he was expecting all. Pete stood straight and began running them into the water.

"Pete! No!" Patrick screamed with laughter. "Let me go in myself!"

"You were backing down. I saw it!"

"I wasn't!" He slapped at his back. Whoa there was a tattoo back there too.

"You were. I saw it in your eyes. I can read people very well!"

He stopped walking when the water reached his waist. Patrick bent his knees more to keep his legs out of the water.

"Pete, take me back to the sand. I want to get used to the cold bit by bit as I walk in."

"That's no fun." Pete pouted.

"I swear if you put me in this water I will-"

"What? Get me?"

"Pete, put me back."

"No sir."

"I mean it." Patrick tried to sound as serious as possible. "PUT ME DOWN!"

"Okay. Okay. You don't have to yell." Pete smiled. "I'll put you down."

"Wait. Pete!"

Pete grabbed Patrick off of his shoulder and dropped him into the cold water. Patrick's body disappeared under it. When he resurfaced he was coughing and panting. Pete almost felt bad. Almost.

"Are you okay?" He reached over to pat his back.

"Don't touch me!" Patrick swatted his hand away.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Yes." He huffed. Crossing his arms over his chest.

"Really?" The corner of his mouth tilted up.

"Yes." Patrick tried to look angry. Which was considerably hard to do when being faced with an almost naked Pete.

"Don't be angry." He pulled Patrick's chin up with his finger and thumb. "I just wanted to get you a little wet."

Patrick's flushed crimson red.

Pete kept his hand on Patrick's chin. He began stepping closer. Patrick was determined to remain angry. He refused to look at Pete's face. So he kept his eyes trained on that tattoo. Watching the water splash around it as Pete walked closer.

He felt Pete blow in his face gently to get his attention. Patrick glanced up reluctantly. Pete's eyes were burning into his. He leaned his head down.

"P-Pete, what are you doing?" Don't question him, moron!

"Um, Brendon is watching?"

Patrick's eyebrows pushed together. Was Brendon just watching them? He turned to look over at Brendon. But Brendon was building a sandcastle. His back was turned to them.

"Brendon's not-"

He was cut off by Pete's lips on his. Patrick let his arms fall to his sides. Pete cupped Patrick's face in both of his hands. Cradling it gently. Patrick couldn't breathe. It was like Pete's mouth was taking all the air from him. And damnit, he didn't want to breathe. Not if it meant stopping.