Twenty Eight

Patrick was hot. He felt like his whole body was being enguled in a flame. He opened his eyes and was met with the bright light of the early morning sun. Stupid sun. He tried to turn away from it but realized his body couldn't move. Someone's arms were wrapped around him.

So instead of trying to roll his whole body over, he just twisted his neck. He was face to face with none other than Pete. He replayed last night's events over and over in his head. But the last thing he remembered was crying into Pete's arms.

How the hell did he get in his bed? Patrick didn't know. And to be honest he didn't care that much. Because, hello! He was being held by Pete.

Pete's door creaked open slightly. Patrick glanced up at it, waiting to see who was entering. He hoped it wasn't one of the maids. That would be so embarrassing. The door creaked a little more before opening fully. Revealing Ryan in silk, purple pajamas.

Really?

Ryan's eyes widened when he looked down at the bed. He placed one hand over his mouth and used to other one to point at the pair. Hopping up and down silently.

"Get out!" Patrick whispered.

"What are you doing in here?" Ryan whispered back. Stopping his hopping.

"Sleeping."

"You sure don't look sleep to me."

"That's because you woke me up." Patrick lied.

"You did the dirty deed didn't you?"

"No." Patrick could feel his face flushing.

"Yes you did. You nasty little whore!"

"I didn't!" He whispered a little louder.

"You did it. You did it. You did it." As he was whispering the chant, Ryan made thrusting motions with his hips. "You did it. You did it!"

"Stop it!" Patrick whispered harshly.

"Pete and Patrick sitting in a tree-"

"Ryan?"

Pete's deep voice filled the room. Silencing his friend's whispering. Ryan and Patrick stared at each other in shock. Pete was awake.

"Uh, yeah, buddy?" Ryan tried to sound casual.

"Get the fuck out."

"Of course, dude. I mean it's not like I wanted to watch or anything. I mean, unless you're into that sort of-"

"Now!" He groaned.

"Yes, sir."

Ryan chuckled. He began slowly backing out of the room. The door shut with a quiet thud.

Patrick's heart began racing. They were alone again. In a bed. And they were touching. Except now Pete was awake. What the hell was he supposed to do? What was he supposed to say?

"How are you feeling?"

Pete unwrapped his arms around Patrick as he spoke. But Patrick still refused to look back at him. He felt the bed shift. Pete was probably getting up. His thoughts were confirmed when he heard Pete's footsteps on the floor. He walked over to the other side of the bed. Standing in front of Patrick.

Patrick's mouth went bone dry. How could a man look so good showing no skin? Maybe it was just because this was the first time he'd saw him without a suit on. Looking at him now, Patrick decided all those suits needed to be burned. How dare they hide such a glorious body?

The long sleeved shirt and sweatpants weren't so selfish. They shared the sight of Pete's muscles and abs. Showing off how fit the business man really was.

Even his morning face was perfection. His eyes were squinting against the sun. His lips were swollen with sleep. Even the morning scruff of his oncoming beard was hot. And don't even get Patrick started on his hair. That man's bed head was pure sex.

"Patick?" Pete was staring at him with a concerned look now.

"Huh?" He shook his head. "Yes?"

"I asked how you were feeling?"

"Hungry." The word slipped from his mouth. He wasn't talking about food.

Pete smirked. "Then let's go to the kitchen." He held his hand out for Patrick to take.

Patrick loved that he did that so often. Maybe Pete's hand felt empty when they weren't holding hands too. Maybe it wasn't just Patrick.

Patrick sat up in the bed, placing his hand in Pete's waiting one. His hand closed around Patrick's as soon at they touched. He pulled Patrick out of the bed. Dragging him out of the room after he opened the door. But that wasn't necessary. Patrick would have followed him anywhere in that moment.

They walked down the stairs. Patrick's eyes strayed to the piano. His private notebook sitting on the floor beside it. Abandoned completely. He made a mental note to get it soon before someone else found it.

When they entered the kitchen, Ryan was already sitting at the table. He was holding a magazine in his hand. One that they'd already seen. When he heard them come into the kitchen, he grinned.

"There's coffee in the pot." He told Pete.

"There'd better be." Pete mumbled.

Patrick took the seat beside him. He glanced into the magazine absent mindedly.

"So, Pete." Ryan said in a bored tone. He closed the magazine and sat it on the table. "How was gay sex?"

Pete choked on the coffee.