Chapter 16

Kim "Ethan" Yong-saeng

Andrés is avoiding me. Just great!

Whenever I try to talk to him, he suddenly has a very important call to answer. This is getting ridiculous.

"Andrés, we need to talk--," I tried to tell Andrés, but he literally ran away from me and almost ran into a door. At first, I thought it was a little funny because of how Andrés was acting around me, but now it is not as amusing as I thought.

Was it because I'm a bad kisser? Ahhhhh!

After being ignored in the morning by Andrés, I decided it was best to go home and prepare to leave for school. There was no way that I could talk to Andrés right now, and I was slowly getting frustrated with what to do. But, of course, my wolf didn't give me any non-law-breaking ideas to execute.

Maybe Max would help me figure out how to handle the situation better.

"There has been an assault on a high school student, Amber Jones, last night at two in the morning--," said the news anchor over the television.

"You know that I don't like to hear the news while eating," said omma to father. To which father changed the channel and sighed.

"Do you want to eat some breakfast? I made kimchi fried rice with eggs," omma said as she saw me walk into the kitchen.

"Sorry, mom. I can't. Today because I'm running late for school," I said as I found my backpack and moved toward the door. If I stayed any longer, I would have to eat, and that would make me even more late for school even though I really love kimchi fried rice with eggs.

"Today, make sure to come back early from school. Andrés will start his first-day training with the pack," father shouted loud enough for me to hear. To which, I shouted a quick okay and ran towards my car.

I wish that today was already over. But, unfortunately, Andrés was avoiding me, and I couldn't eat breakfast.

I saw Alex at the door waiting when I got to school. Great! For that reason, I made sure to go the long way to my class.

"Hey, Max," I said as I entered the first period.

"Hey, man!" said an excited Max as he waved at me.

"Did you hear that Alex is standing at the school's front door?" He asked me as I sat at my desk.

"No, I didn't hear anything," I told him.

Max leans towards me and whispers, "Well, last Friday, someone stole Alex's favorite hoodie, and he's waiting for the person outside."

I ended up laughing nervously and told Max, "I wouldn't want to be that guy."

"How did you know it's a guy that did it?" So asked a curious Max, but he got silenced by the teacher that came into the classroom.

"Today, there is going to be a pop quiz," said the teacher, to which she earned groans from the class.

The whole school day had gone by pretty well, other than the surprise test in the morning. I was getting ready to head out the school door when a hand touched my shoulder, and I gave a loud manly shout.