Chapter 5

Kim "Ethan" Yong-saeng

After talking with omma about mates and how she met father, I decided to give Andrés a chance to explain what was going on. Maybe I just didn't see the whole picture or missed the memo somehow.

Quickly, I take out my IV trip and put my suit jacket over my gown. It would have to do for now.

Then, I rushed towards the backdoor of the pack medical building. This way, I wouldn't have to argue with anyone about leaving before my health improved.

I rush over to Andrés' house and knock on the door. Normally, I would just walk in since I have a key. However, I decided it was best to knock since I had a panic attack the last time we talked.

The door opens, and I see a female in a white sunflower dress. She has long ginger hair and brown eyes. The female stares with a cold gaze as she looks up and down at what I'm wearing.

I tried to hide the medical gown that I was wearing, but I didn't have any luck.

I look at her and notice that I have never seen her before in the pack. Could she be Andrés' fiancés that I heard about?

"Can I help you?" Asked the female as she moved her hand over her stomach. I could see that she was now showing a bump on her stomach.

I confirm my suspicion that she was, in fact, Andrés' fiancés. What joy!

Andrés and I are about two years apart, so there was no extreme age gap which I was happy for. Yet, having a baby was a hill that I couldn't climb.

My fears came back as I asked myself: how could I compare to Andrés' ex-girlfriends? Or even Andrés' finance?

"Can I speak with Alp-- I mean Andrés?" I ask her. I sensed she wasn't a werewolf, so I decided it would be best not to call Andrés Alpha around her.

"Sorry, you just miss him. But, unfortunately, he left to do something," she responds.

"You can leave a message if you want," she continued. Her hands are still around her pregnant stomach. Was the baby Andrés?

I tried to call his phone. It goes straight to voicemail. Then, I tried again. No answer once again.

"Neverminded, I will come back later," I told her as I quickly turned toward my house.

I need time to clear my head. Maybe I should leave for a couple of days, so I can think better.

My wolf whines as I move farther away from Andrés' house. I try not to look back.

Quickly, I make it home and quietly open the front door to grab my car key. Also, I go up to my room to check up on Liam. It was late at night, so Liam was sleeping in our room. I kissed his head and headed out the back door.

I wasn't sure where I was going. The only thing that I did know was that I needed to leave. I got into my car and turned it on. I needed to give away from everything because it was all too suffocating.

Half of me wanted to confront Andrés and his fiance about what was happening. I'm Andrés' mate, not her. The other half of me was too scared about Andrés' response.

A row of hot tears roll down from my cheeks; every time I wipe them off, more replace the old ones.

My phone rings, and Andrés' name pops up as the caller ID. I decide not to answer the phone call as I escalate the car to run away from everything.

I can't have children, but she can.

I look over at my phone, which is ringing again. This time it's my omma calling. I let my phone ring again and again. I'm scared of what could happen next.

Do I just pretend that Andrés doesn't have a fiancé and that the baby is not his?

What is the point of answering if I know what they will tell me?

I look in my rearview mirror and notice a car driving too close to mine. So, I decided to change lanes to see what they do.

Quickly, they move to the left lane just like I just did. I pass a car, and they also pass the same car.

I go even faster, hoping to find a place I could stop at. Such as a store or gas station, but I haven't seen one for over twenty minutes. There are just a lot of trees everywhere.

Suddenly, I see an animal crossing the road. Unfortunately, the car behind me is too close, so I can't stop.

I tried to swerve my car into another lane, so I wouldn't hit the dog. But, unfortunately, the other car won't let me.

There was nothing more I could do than close my eyes and hope for the best.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a ditch. I tried to open the safety belt, but it won't open.

I felt the pain in my shoulder getting stronger again, and my head dripped blood from my forehead. The airbag didn't deploy and my head hit the steering wheel, hard.

I hear the other car stop and the door slam shut.

I try to hit my window to call for help. Everything just hurt so much.

I look out of my window, but all I see is a bright light shining in my eye. Maybe it's the police or someone that can help me get out of here.

My werewolf strength was not working. The pain was getting stronger by the second. Finally, I couldn't move at all.

"Why do you have to get in the way, Ethan?" Ask the voice.

I hear three heartbeats.

The gun goes off, and I feel nothing at all.

---

omma means mom (informal)

---

Sorry, I'm late. I was studying 😥