Chapter 24

Kim "Ethan" Yong-saeng

"What do you mean?" He asked with a smile as he moved closer to the door. Hoping to make himself react like Ethan.

"Of course, I'm Ethan. Who else could I possibly be?" He asks Rose as she backs away slowly toward the door, looking shocked.

"Your eyes are green," Rose said as she did a double take.

"Man, it's always my eyes that give me away," said Evan with an annoyed sigh.

"I go by the name Evan. It's a pleasure to meet you, dear," he said as he stuck out his hand for a handshake.

"Why are you here?" Asked Rose as she ignored the handshake.

"Great question! I'm here to meet Hope," declared Evan, putting his hand in his back pocket.

"Can you be a dear and point me in the right direction?" Evan asked with a big smile.

Rose's eyes told the whole story. They looked outside the door and down, meaning Hope must be in the basement.

Evan runs straight to the basement without a second thought. Rose tries to stop him but can't win against brute force. Either way, she still tries to stop him.

"I don't want to do this," she tells him as she tries to hit him with anything she can, including a TV remote, phones, shoes, dumbbells, and more. She is more of a throws-knife girl than a hand-to-hand combat girl, which is excellent for me.

"Can't you just stop throwing things at me? It's making me late for my appointment, darling," Evan announces as he avoids being hit. Sometimes, he also deflects to slow her down.

"Never. I'm going to get in so much trouble for this," Rose sighed. She threw a pair of sunglasses at Evan. I'm not sure what that will do, Evan thought, chuckling.

"Ooo, sunglasses, that would do amazing. Thank you, honey," Evan said as he put on the sunglasses and reached the basement. The place where it has the snake called Hope was at.

Before he walked in, he moved over to Rose and started to sing a tune in her ear. After a couple of seconds, she falls unconscious on the ground.

"Sorry, dear. You are making too much noise for my liking," whispered Evan as he moved Rose out of view. Don't want to make this bigger than it needs to be.

"You have to push," said the nurse as Evan walked into the room. From Evan's view, a wall covered Hope and the other people in the room. He would have to wait until he went for Hope.

"It's a girl," said the doctor in a neutral tone.

Mission completed, saw Evan from the corner of his eyes, but there was no time to react happily. There were more pressing matters to address.  

"Would you like to hold your baby?" Asked another nurse while holding the infant.

"Get her way from me!" screamed a tired Hope.

"I can't look at it," she said as she started to cry.

"Greg and Luna, take the baby upstairs right now," Alpha August commands in a sad tone.

Both said a quick yes, sir and left.

There is now Alpha, Hope, and six guards in the room.

"Now that you are done with giving birth. Tell me what poison did you give my son!" Alpha said as he used his command force to bring everyone to their knees.

"I don't know," she said. Wrong answer.

"You don't know?" I said as I moved away from the wall, hiding my presents.

"Why would you do that? What has he ever done to you?" I asked her, but she stared blankly at the wall beside her.

"Ethan, you shouldn't be here?" said Alpha August as he signaled the guards. They start to move closer to me.

"She has endangered, my mate, and you think it would just sit here and cry about it!" I screamed as I raised my voice, which matched Alpha's command voice.

"She sits here alive while Andrés is fighting for his life, and you want me to leave," I shout as I move close to Hope.

Before I could grab her, the guards pulled me back.

"Even though it kills me to say this, you know I can't let you be near her. I'm afraid of what you will do to her if you get the chance," he said as the guard made me knee.

"How would she do this to him?!" Evan shouts that it fills the room.

"Why Andrés? I plead as I look at her, but she still looks at the wall. Not even turning around to face me.

"Okay, that is enough. Take Ethan outside to cold down," Alpha August said as the guard pushed me out of the room.

"Yes, sir," said several voices as they escorted me outside the room. I tried to escape their grabs, but they would not budge.

"Ethan, don't make this harder than this needs to be," said Theo as he ensured I was outside. Then, he made sure to lock the door behind them. They kicked me outside.

"You know there is a backdoor, right?" I asked with a laugh.

"What are you doing?" Liam asked as he looked up at me. He was sitting on the porch stairs, playing with the dirt.

"Shouldn't you be at Hagwon?" I asked him as I sat next to him.

"Father was supposed to take me, but he forgot, but it's cool. I didn't want to go anyway," he tells me with a shrug.

"Why is everyone running around?" He asked me with a curious look.

"Kid, that's for grown-ups to know," I said with a wider smile when I heard him groan.

"I'm not a kid!" He tells me.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses when it's getting dark?" He asked. What's with kids and asking no-stop questions?

"You want to see?" I asked him as I leaned in. He gave me a quick nod, and I lowered my sunglasses to show him my green eyes. I waited for him to be amazed.

"When did you get contact lenses? I want some, too!" He exclaims with excitement, to my dismay.

"What? No, these are real," I told him with a smirk.

"But--," He started to say but was cut off by a guard.

"Hope has escaped!" We hear a shout from inside.

Several pack members were running outside and shifting into their wolves. Alpha August leads by running towards the forest with several wolves following him.

"Liam, you need to get inside and find our parents," I tell him as I move him closer to the Andrés' house.

Then, I shift and follow the rest of the pack. 

---

Hagwon is an after-school academy for students to study (other languages, math, science, and more)

---

Hope you guys are doing well! Sorry for no update in two months. Enjoy! ('▽'ʃ💜ƪ)