Chapter 8

Kim "Ethan" Yong-saeng

I woke up early and made my morning tea. Another day of worry has started, just like a rotating clock. I made my way over to Andrés' house to check up on him. Also, to see the aftermath of the party the day before.

Unsurprisingly, I open the door to Andrés' house to find a room of drunk people scattered around the living room. Great!

The day was being repeated once again, but I didn't care. I need to make sure that I complete the mission. This means I need to get all my 'beta duties' out of the way to focus on the task at hand.

I raise my hand and put two fingers in my mouth to make a high pitch whistle.

Soon some people slowly start to wake up and others try to throw things at me but they missed terribly. Quickly, I make sure to move away far from the throwers in the group.

"Alex, I saw you take that. Keep the white clock," I told him, who was trying to leave the house through a window.

He looks at me with distrust but still takes the clock.

The new plan is to be nice to everyone. I wasn't sure who was out to kill me, but I was going to hope that my kindness would touch their hearts and they don't try to murder me again.

By 8:00 AM, the last person had left, and I headed to the town library. But first, I need to research how to catch a murderer.

I can't look it up on the internet because I'm paranoid that the government could look up my search history.

Finally, I made it to the library. I quickly walk over to the murder mystery section and start to read.
I read and read for hours until I fell asleep, only to be woken up by my phone ringing.

"Dude, what happened to you? You never made it to school this morning. Are you okay? You never miss school even when you are sick," said a panicking Max on the phone.

"Calm down, Max," I said, still a bit sleepy.

"Don't worry. I was just at the library researching a project for school. I'm okay; no need to worry," I reassure Max.

After the call, the rest of the days were a blur. I made it to afternoon classes, Andrés' house, my house, and repeat.

I was nowhere near finding the baby and nowhere near finding out who would want me dead. I'm feeling at the end of my rope.

The next day is the oath ceremony and my date of death was creeping closer. Just great!

"Are you okay?" Ask Andrés, "You have been very stressed these past couple of days."

"Everything is just great!" I exclaimed. Unfortunately, I ended up replying a little too loud than what I wanted to as I struggled to put my tie on correctly.

"Here, let me help," said Andrés as he grabbed my tie and fit it perfectly. My wolf jumped for joy at the act. I tired not to look directly at him, or I would say everything I have been bottled up inside.

"Did you know my mother always helps me because I didn't know how to do it when I was younger?" Asked Andrés with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

I look down at my blue suit trying to compose myself. Don't look at his lips! You need to focus on the ceremoney, not him.

"You'll do great, Ethan. Don't worry about it--," Andrés says, but I cut him off with my lips. He is shocked at first but then deepens the kiss.

Kissing Andrés was sending my wolf into overdrive to the point that he was begging me to come out and claim his mate. What was I doing? I shouldn't be doing this now when I need to make sure that the oath goes perfect. I can't disappoint my parents.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this," I said as I tried to move away from him while avoiding Andrés' confused stares.

He gets the message and leaves the room.

There are so many things I want to tell him, but I can't. Everything was just so hard to manage. The pressure of my feelings was overwhelming.

After calming down, I made it to the venue for the ceremony.

I see my family walk towards me to greet me. I look around the venue and find Andrés sitting in his chair at the front. Everything is exactly in its place like before.

"Glad to see you, son. You're early," said father with a smile.

I smile back at father and nod. The second time around, father's words had changed.

"Yong-saeng, I just want to say that after Won-Shik passes away. I was scared the same thing would happen to you, so your father and I believe that pushing you into training sooner could help you be a better Beta. The world is a scary place, and we just want you to be prepared to face it," said omma with tears in her eyes as her voice wavers.

"Don't worry, omma," I tell her to reassure that I'm okay.

"Where is Liam?" I ask, looking around to see where he could be.

"He is playing outside with a friend. Let me go get him," said omma as she hurriedly to find him.

"Everyone, please move to your seat. The stand-in Beta Ethan Kim ceremony will start soon," said the host.

Quickly, I move up to the front. Let's get this over with.

"Stand-in Beta Ethan Kim will start the ceremony," the host said.

I look out into the crowd of pack members and other packs. Then, I take a deep breath and start my oath.

First, I knee on one leg and start the oath.

"I, Kim Yong-saeng, swear my allegiance to Alpha Andrés Oliva--," I start to say but stop when Andrés walks over to me.

He grabs my face with both hands and kisses me.

I can hear gasps from everyone.

I was too shocked to move away so I just stood there akwardly as he kissed me. This was not what happened last time!

Then, I fall to the ground and everything turns black like the first time. Just great!

---

omma means mom (informal)
abuji means father (formal)

---

Dun dun DUN (⊙_⊙;)
What do you guys think about the chapter? ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ