Who Do You Think You Are?

Welcome to the first Marvel story I had! Peter Parker/Spiderman is one of my favorites in the series and at the time I wrote this, I think it was before Infinity War and everything after. For the sake of my heart, I don't plan on having any of that heartbreak in my stories. If I ever do, I'm most likely going to make it different than the movie. Anyways, enjoyyyyyy :)

Prompt: Tony places money in Peter's bank account. The duo heads to the mall to have fun until a clerk notices the large amount of money and decides to have some fun. And Tony wasn't happy.

________________________________________________________________

"Mr. Stark, you really don't need to do this!" Peter attempted to reason.

"I'm not having my intern having less than they need to survive." Tony waved him off.

You are probably wondering how this lovely conversation started.

One day afterschool, Tony noticed Peter's shoes had some tape on them. Being father figure in his life, he bought Peter new shoes. And checked his bank account, because why not? He's Tony Stark, not much will ever change his mind. He decided to put some of his money into his account, which leads us to the present.

"Still! Isn't it a little much?"

"What makes you say that?"

"You put $5,000 dollars in my account! I barely had a forth of that before."

"I'm Tony Stark, I do what I want. But since I got your attention." The elder hero cleared his throat. "We are going to the mall."

"You, Tony Stark, want to go to the mall?" Peter tilted his head in confusion.

"Well, we can spend some of that money. Do normal teenager things and go to the mall and spend it all."

"I'm not really a normal teenager-"

"Alright, do you want to go to the mall or not?" Peter nodded and Tony headed for the door.

"You're coming INTO the mall with me?" Peter realized when they were in the car.

"Well duh, I gotta make sure my spider kid doesn't get into trouble."

"Do you have a disguise or something that won't draw much attention? Seeing Tony Stark randomly in a mall with a kid is bound to raise some questions." Tony put on a bushy mustache that made Peter laugh.

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing at all." Tony could see Happy smiling secretly in the front of the car.

Time Skip

At the mall, the duo spent most of their time just wandering around. Peter got a pretzel and Tony got chips. They spent 10 minutes in clothing stores, Peter buying a navy blue hoodie and a black beanie, and some red and gold plaid. Peter, still feeling slightly bad about using the money, purposely brought some money with him. They headed to the gaming section, where Peter wanted to buy Ned a game. A familiar voice rang through the air. "Hey, Loser." Peter looked and saw MJ. Tony noticed how the kid blushed a little. He watched as they lightly chatted, it was nice to see him bonding with friends outside of school.

"I think I could beat you at Just Dance." Peter shyly bet, and MJ showed the slightest bit of amusement.

"You're on, Loser." She grabbed the latest version of the game and headed up to the counter with Peter.

"Use the card this time." Tony said. MJ saw him in the corner of her eye.

"You might want to fix that mustache if you want to remain secret." Tony adjusted it and turned to Peter. 

"I'm serious though, if there's a problem let me know. Better yet, I'll just go up there with you." Before Peter could protest it was their turn to pay. Peter felt like something would happen. Not anything really bad, but it could be interesting.

Safe to say, his prediction was correct.

"Are you paying with cash or card?" The cashier asked. (That's probably the wrong person whoops)

"Card." Tony coughed. Peter rolled his eyes and handed the card over as MJ raised an eyebrow at the adult. She didn't like the way his eyes bulged at the fancy-looking card.

The cashier rang them up. "Alright, that will be $45." 

"Shouldn't it be $20 since there was a sale today?" Peter asked. Tony perked up and MJ narrowed her eyes, staring down the clerk. They all saw how the clerk had a mischievous glint behind his eyes.

"There was a typo, the sale ended yesterday."

"Wouldn't there be a sign or a notice?" MJ innocently asked.

"Guess they never put it up." The clerk shrugged. Tony decided to step in.

"Alright here." Peter and MJ backed up, sensing something was about to go down. Good thing no one else was in the store.

"Listen here," Tony looked at the name tag, "Gerald." (sorry to all Geralds in the world). "These items are not as much as you claim they are. So why are you charging more?"

"Well I mean you seem to have enough for the price, so why not raise the price a little?" Gerald didn't seem to realize who he was talking to. Or all the power he held. Tony looked the man in the eye.

"Let me tell you something Gerald. I can easily have you sued or fired for raising the price during a sale (I honestly don't know if that's a crime but for the sake of the story just go with it!). I would like to speak to your boss." Gerald called up his boss and all 3 entered a room in the back. They had a private conversation but the teens heard it clearly.

10 minutes later, Tony came out with a smile on his face followed by Gerald, who was pale in comparison, and had his belongings with him.

"We got the things we paid for, let's go." The trio left the store.

"What did you say to him?" Peter asked as they were walking.

"Just a long chat about how I can easily ruin them and their company if they stood for that behavior. Let's just say that kid might not get another job for as long as he lives."

"Wow." MJ said. If Peter knew any better, he would think she sounded a little impressed.

"We got the games, didn't we?" Tony chuckled. "Let's have some fun. I heard you two were going to have a dance battle?" A slight smile appeared on MJ's face while Peter broke out into a full grin.

In the end, MJ won. It's not Peter's fault that he was watching her have fun more than the game!

And if MJ was curious as to why they were at Avengers Tower, she asked no questions. She knew everything, anyways.

And done! I hope you enjoyed :)

1086 words