Don't Mess With Spiderson Pt. 4

Part 4: The Training Room

Peter's eyes widened at the training room. As Dr. Banner said, there were some Avengers in there, but not as many as he originally thought. Ashley was just as shocked as Peter was, she had never had an Avenger encounter on any of the tours.

They were doing sparring groups. Natasha and Steve, Loki and Okoye (I picture this because Loki could throw daggers and Okoye has her spear), and Scott with Wanda. Wanda was the first to notice their appearance, and the others followed suit.

"Welcome, everyone. I am Steve Rogers, and we are the Avengers - well some of the Avengers." That got a chuckle from the group and eased some nervous tension. "This is the Training Room, where we train for future battles."

"Since you guys are here, we might as well teach you some self-defense moves." Wanda interrupted.

"But, we're going to do a little test first." Loki grinned evilly. There was a boom of thunder and Thor appeared.

"Anyone know where the pop tarts are?" Thor asked. The group laughed and the god remembered what he was supposed to do. "I couldn't help but hear there is going to be some sort of test. So...who would like to try and lift my hammer?" Every hand went up, except for Peter's. He knew what they were doing, and he was going to try and draw as little attention to himself as possible.

Once again with his giant ego, Flash shoves through the crowd to be first. He shoved Abe and Cindy over, and Peter and Ned rushed to help them up. MJ pulled out her sketchbook because she knew Flash wouldn't be able to move the weapon. "His ego is larger than his muscles ever will be." MJ whispered to them, making the five laugh.

Everyone watched as Flash tried to lift the hammer. As MJ predicted, it didn't move at all, leaving Flash to practically keep flexing to get it off the ground. The heroes were secretly laughing, and were planning to watch the clip after the trip was over. 

Eventually Flash gave up and sulked back to the group, mumbling that it was rigged. Everyone else took a turn and couldn't lift it, including the teacher. Abe and Cindy were able to lift it a little, but not more than a few centimeters. Ned and MJ lifted the hammer and it came up with ease for them.

It was Peter's turn, and he wasn't sure if he would be able to lift it. "I believe you can, you're pure at heart and a good person", Wanda said in his head. He smiled a little, took a deep breathe, and grabbed the hammer.

The room was dead silent and Peter opened his eyes. The Avengers were smiling widely as the class had wide eyes. Peter Parker, the science nerd that hates gym class and was seen as one of the weakest people in the school, lifted the hammer not many could. He put it down quickly and heard all the whispers starting back up.

"He is worthy!" Thor squealed. 

"Good job to those who lifted it. Next is my favorite, sparring." Natasha lead the group to the sparring area. It was a step up stage like in boxing matches, two where large squares and the other was a giant rectangle for large group matches. Peter went back to the back, when T'Challa surprised him. He must have snuck in while they were moving.

"You didn't look confident that you could lift my brother's hammer." The king noted.

"I wasn't really sure, to be honest. I didn't want to be embarrassed." Peter shrugged.

"The only one that would be embarrassed is that one over there." He gestured to Flash. His face was slightly red in embarrassment, but still had his signature smirk. "I won't do anything to him, but I don't speak for the others."

"Oh dear." Peter was thinking of every possibility of what could go wrong. T'Challa laughed. 

"Shuri is waiting for you at lunch, she wanted to show you something." He patted Peter's shoulder and snuck back out of the room.

"There are 3 types of punches. Jab, uppercut, and hook." The spy demonstrated each one as she spoke. "Who would like to spar against me?" Some hands went up, as they knew they wouldn't win but wanted the opportunity anyways. Natasha pretended to scan the crowd, and chose Flash. He smirked as he followed her into the larger arena.

Flash was grinning as if it was his lucky day. He was chosen FIRST by the Black Widow to fight against. He was confident he was going to win, I mean men are stronger than women...right? Wrong.

Natasha took him down easily. Flash made a predictable jab and the spy took the chance to grab his arm and flip him over. He landed on the mat with a thud.

"Do you give up?" Natasha asked innocently. Peter could hear the venom in her voice.

"Yes, I give up." Flash sighed. Peter swore he heard someone say 'Finally, someone put Flash in his place.'

"Peter, why don't you give it a shot? You might have some potential, since you lifted that hammer and all." Scott smiled sweetly. He just wanted to see how the kid would react, he wished he had some popcorn.

"...Sure...why not..." Peter hesitated, but went up to the mat.

"Pfftttt, like Penis can take down Black Widow." Flash needed to learn to keep his mouth shut. All Avengers were acting like they didn't hear it but inside, they were ready to throw him out the window. Ashley recorded Flash's statement and sent it to Mr. Stark. She was ordered to send any evidence of Flash's bullying to anyone, especially Peter, to him immediately. Flash should have read the trip requirements closer: No bullying tolerated at SI.

Peter got into a fighting stance. "You ready, Малыш Паук (Baby Spider)?"

"Yes, Мама Паук (Mama Spider)."

Both spiders circled each other, like a dance around the mat. Peter let the audience slip his mind and focused like it was a battle. Thank goodness he remembered not to use his powers or webshooters, that would have been bad. After 10 minutes, the fight ended when Peter eventually dragged his feet from behind Natasha, letting her fall to the floor and keeping her there until she gave in. Peter helped her up and came back to his senses when he heard clapping.

He turned to the group, forgetting they were there. Flash's mouth was open so wide his entire fist could fit in. The teacher was also surprised to find out that one of the most non-violent students could actually fight. MJ didn't look surprised but was impressed to see Peter fight so well against Black Widow. Ned was fangirling and grinning like a maniac, clapping loudly for his best friend. Abe, Cindy, and Betty patted Peter's back as he returned to the group. He heard everything they were saying about him.

"Peter can fight?"

"Peter just took down Black Widow, that's impressive."

"If Peter could fight, why hasn't he taken Flash down so he could be left alone?"

"Why doesn't he defend  himself against Flash?"

"Never thought I'd see him fight, ever."

"Alright, it's time for lunch. We'll see you guys again at the Meet and Greet after. Everyone shuffled out of the room and Peter went up to the super adults.

"How come you don't defend yourself against that bully?" Okoye asked.

"I don't want to hurt him. I was a puny, weak nerd before the bite, I still have to be after."

"But you never told us...why?" Loki asked, playing with his dagger.

"I didn't want you guys to get involved, and I knew you guys might try to kill him if you found out."

"I most likely would have." Loki grinned.

"No, Stark would." Wanda argued. Everyone agreed with her.

"Ok Pete, go off to lunch. With your increased metabolism you need to eat more. Let us know if he bothers you again, and we can handle it." Steve said in a demanding voice. The others were mocking him.

"Ok, ok, I'm going." Peter walked away with a wave.

Scott grinned. "Is it time for the Guardians yet?"

1341 words