Selene Diaz: The Demi-God

Before you read please read the notes

Vote comment fan

* Steno is mudeasas powerful immortal sister

Believe every lie you heard.

            You probably don’t know what I’m talking about. I just can’t say it. And if you’re reading this, thinking that I’m probably over exaggerating. I’m not. Actually, I wish I was over exaggerating because maybe I would be safe. Very safe. Like you. You mortals. I’m saying mortals like if I’m not one. Well, I’m not. I’m a demi-god. Well as all people know it: Half- Blood.

            Its fun! It’s cool! Well, no its not. It never will be and it never would. It’s dangerous, dangerous with a capital d.  I use to lead a normal life. Like you guys. Go have fun, go bowling, like any other girl would do. You probably think that I should be happy, because I’m different. Well different comes with its consequences. Real scary consequences.

            Don’t get me wrong. I’m not ashamed of my self or who I am. I am what I am and I can’t change it. But don’t wish to be like me. I begging you don’t. Pray to the gods that your mom or dad don’t tell you. Just believe whatever you’ve heard. Just believe that Greek myths were fake. Because if you don’t you would regret everything. And put your parents through agony and worry.

            And when you find out. They come for you. In a blink of an eye.

My name is Selene Diaz…

            I’m thirteen years old. I was a happy little girl. In a happy little world.  Weeks ago, I had a great life. With my best friend Simon. We attended a public school in Brooklyn. It was a gifted and talented school for students. My mom said I had a gift. I was a great student you’d say. But I was easily distracted. In my school I was the top swimmer in my school.

Was I popular?

No.

 Why? People thought I was weird.

I never knew why. Until June. Things started to go bad for me real bad. We were in my Ancient Greek Mythology class.  Normally, I’ll enjoy this class. But that day wasn’t my day. I was a scholar in that class. I spoke English? Right? Well it was weird because I had the ability to read Greek, even though I had never in my life learned it.

Mr. Sunshan had always made this class fun for me. Mr. Sunshan was a middle-aged man who always wore a suit to class. Even in the spring. Mr. Sunshan had grey thin hair with white streaks in it. He had a mid trimmed beard that matched his hair.  He always wore a hat and seems to limp a lot. He probably sounded like an uptight man. Well you’d be wrong. He’d always play pipes in the class room. He seems nervous at times. He told stories of Heroes. Best, he let us play games in class. This always ended up in me winning.

I was looking forward for today. He had told us that we would be learning about the Gods today. Man, was I excited. I wanted to know more. This seems to catch my interest. And when I’d look around in class when we really got serious everyone seems to be bored and half asleep. Everyone liked his class for the fun and games. But when we really cut this out, if all came down to a grade.