We Grow Wings

I looked over to Simon who was already hiding. Didn’t he have more training than me. I looked over to Aiden who seem to read my mind. The other head was being distracted by Aiden. I remember what these things were made off. By the blood of Medusas head. The only way they can die if only you cut both heads off.  I snapped my self out and remember I had a friend to save.  I jumped onto the red leather stool and onto the counter. I jumped off and sliced my knife through the monsters’ head. The other side let out a squeal and Aiden had flew to the other side not wanting the venom to touch him. I ran over  and sliced it’s head with one slice. The monster disappeared in red smoke.

Gene laid helplessly on the floor. I saw Aiden jump over the counter and ran over to help Gene. I followed him. Aiden opened his bag and took out some juice.

“What’s that?” I asked

He looked over while opening  Genes mouth and pouring it into his mouth, “ Ambrosia juice.”

“Wait, itsn’t Ambrosia suppose to make him immortal?”

“That’s why we’re only suppose to drink a 1/3 of a cup.”

I nodded understandingly. Genes’ pale skin became golden again and his grey eyes became electric again.

“What happen?” Gene asked

“ You got knocked out.” Aiden said, “ Selene saved you.”

Gene smiled and I helped him off the floor. He hugged me tight and whispered in my ear thank you. Simon came over and grabbed my hand pulling me over to a corner.

“ What now!” I said sighing

“ Wow, for someone who didn’t know how to use a sword, used it good.” He said

“Why were you hiding.”

“I wasn’t hiding. I was distracting one of the heads. I made one become inlove with Cheese.” He said smiling

“Wow.”

I walked back over to Gene and Aiden who was flipping a drachma in his hand.

“What’s that for?” I asked

“We’re gonna make an Iris Message to the camp.” Aiden said

Gene swiped an bubble blower from the counter and blew it. The soapy substance made an big bubble in the shop. Gene threw the Drachma in. Suprisingly it didn’t pop.

“O Iris goddess of messengers please accept my offering and direct me to Camp Demi-god.” Aiden said

The bubble now turned into an picture of Chiron playing chess with Art. He now recognized us.

“Hey guys!” Art said, “ Any luck yet.”

“ We just fought an monster.” I said sighing

“ Is anyone hurt?” Chiron asked

“No.” I said

“ We have a problem. Jesse’s been missing.” Chiron said

Then I remembered something. My vision that I had. It was with Jesse running away into the woods disappearing. She wasn’t running from anything, it looked like she had an meeting with someone. Something she helt on really tight in her hands, was poking out through her wrists and stuff. I couldn’t make it out. But something told me that it was something strong. Something that can destroy our life.

“Wow, any luck finding her?” Gene said worried

“ No.” Chiron said sighing

The Iris message disappeared and left a sweet essence. I looked across at Simon, who was rocking back and forth on his heel. Aiden looked at me with an worried face. Everything seem to slow down, until I heard a voice. It wasn’t my dad, but it was a voice that sent shivers through my body. I opened my eyes and I wasn’t at the diner anymore. I was in a dark place. Black smoke went through the place.

‘You could just give up now.’ The scratchy voice says, ‘ There’s no reason to keep trying.’

‘Who are you.’ I said drawing my sword. The smoke covered my sword and it disappeared. I opened my eyes big knowing that I was weapon less, ‘ Where am I.’

‘ I’m what you think I am. You’re in the depts. Of Tartarus.’

Screams of people began to fill my ears and I was brought closer down to the black smoke. I tried to float back up. But I fell more.

‘ There’s no where you can escape. She’s been telling me about you.’

‘Who is that she.’ I said and all a sudden. I felt someone shaking me. I opened my eyes again to see me in Gene’s arm. They were fanning me. Simon looked worried. Aiden looking over me.

“What happened?”

“You fainted.”Aiden said replying

“We need to go.” Aiden said biting on his figure.

I nodded and whistled. Laser came out of no where. And he had wings! Wow. He looked cool for a horse.

‘You have wings!’

‘Yeah I do. Now what can I do for you.’

‘A ride.’

‘Cool. I can test out my wings! Guys we got jobs to do.’

Everyone got on there Pegasus. I got onto Laser. Laser could of only take me to Nevada. Appearantly he really liked the lights of Vegas, so he dropped us there. It was really weird riding on an horse with wings. Finally we landed in Los Vegas. The land of Lies.