02.

chapter two ; introduction jitters

_________________

"Have a nice day ma'am," the driver called out as Natalie stepped out of the cab, the wind blowing her hair around her face. Fixing her hair, she turned around to wave goodbye to the driver before stepping on the sidewalk and watching the cab drive away. Staring until she couldn't see the cab any longer, Natalie ripped her gaze from the cab and searched the streets for Jitters. Her eyes quickly landed on it and she headed towards the doors. As soon as she opened them, the smell of coffee beans and vanilla instantly filled her senses and relaxed her even more.

While taking in the aroma, a body collided into her, wrapping their arms around her back and squeezing her into a tight pull. "Nattie! I missed you so much!" they squealed in excitement before releasing her. Stepping back and adjusting her hair was her older cousin, Caitlin Snow. Natalie noticed that she seemed happier than she was a few months ago, after the particle accelerator. Her smile was wide and lit up her eyes as she beamed at Natalie.

Overwhelmed with her thoughts and excitement, Natalie simply responded by pulling her cousin back into a hug. "I've missed you too. But at least now we can see each other more often," she said as she pulled away.

Caitlin laughed and gestured for Natalie to follow her to a table where a young man with shoulder length black hair was seated, "More like everyday. We're making up for lost time. Anyways-"

"Why hello there," the man said, looking up and down at Natalie as the two girls approached them.

"Cisco. Behave yourself. This is my cousin, the one I've been telling you guys about. She's just moved to Central City," Caitlin said with a motherly tone before motioning to Nat.

He held out his hand with a smug look on his face that only made Natalie giggle, "The name's Cisco. Cisco Ramon." She took his hand and gave it a shake, biting down on her lip to keep from laughing, "Natalie Reed. Nice to meet you."

"Well it was certainly nice to meet you," Cisco replied after letting go of her hand, earning him a smack from Caitlin in the arm. "Ow" he said with a hurt look up at Caitlin who replied with a simple smile.

Natalie smoothed down her pale yellow dress before taking a seat opposite Cisco. "So you two are.." she started, looking between her cousin and Cisco.

Caitlin turned from facing the doors, "We're coworkers, friends, you know. Of that sorts. Cisco, where's Barry? He was supposed to meet us here."

Cisco checked his phone and shrugged, "He's always late."

Caitlin pulled her eyebrows together in frustration before they relaxed as soon as she spotted someone, "I'll be right back. I'm gonna ask Iris. Nat you think you'll be okay here?"

Natalie nodded her head. "Great. Now Cisco, please don't try and scare her off," Caitlin said before turning on her heel to go talk to her friend, Iris.

Cisco shifted in his seat to turn and face Natalie, "So, Nat, can I call you Nat?"

Natalie laughed at Cisco, "Yeah you can."

Cisco smiled, "Okay. So Nat, how are you liking Central City so far?"

Natalie pulled on her jean jacket before clasping her hands together on the table, "Oh I absolutely love it here. Everyone seems so nice and friendly. Some others..more than friendly," she said with a laugh while gesturing to Cisco, who smiled and laughed in response.

"Well that's great. And you chose the right city to come to! We have nice people, we have Jitters, best coffee on this planet, we are home to the Flash, and most importantly we have the one and only, Cisco Ramone," he said while gesturing to the coffee shop around them and then lastly himself.