32.

chapter thirty-two ; starling city

_________________

Natalie pulled on her blue floral crop top and smoothed down her billowing black skirt, very aware that the way she dressed stood out among the very drab environment that is Starling City. Checking her high bun using her front camera, she furrowed her eyebrows at Cisco, "Why are you looking at me funny?"

"Why are you so concerned about how you look?" Cisco countered.

"Have you seen how everything is so serious in Starling, monotone-like? If we are going to be the only ones dressing fun, I am damn well going to make sure I keep up my appearance," Natalie stated confidently as Cisco laughed at his friend. The two quickly quieted down as Captain Lance approached the three visitors from Central City in the middle of the precinct.

"Here it is," Captain Lance said as he handed the file on Wells' accident to Joe.

Joe flipped rather quickly through it and frowned, "This is all you have?"

"Well, it's a pretty cut and dry case, detective. Harrison Wells and Tess Morgan were out on a Sunday drive, the tires blow, Wells loses control, and sadly Tess dies at the scene," Lance explained as Joe began to hand the pictures in the file to Cisco and Natalie to look over. "Couldn't imagine carrying that kind of guilt around. So, what are you three hoping to find?" The three glanced at each other, all looking as if they were trying to have a telepathic conversation on who should lie first. "We're not exactly sure yet," Joe said finally.

Captain Lance looked over the three, "You came all the way out from Central City and you don't know what you're looking for?" Natalie shrugged, "We're just following a hunch.. Sir."

"Can you take us to the accident site?" Cisco piped up as he handed Joe back the pictures. Captain Lance shook his head, "It's been fifteen years. I think the pictures will serve you better." Seeing the saddened looks on all of their faces Lance sighed and nodded his head, "Whatever you need."

As Natalie pulled out her phone to update Barry, she heard a woman talking to the Captain and looked up to see a smitten Cisco. "This is Detective West, Natalie Reed, and Cisco Ramon," Lance introduced the group to the woman, "Everyone this is A.D.A. Laurel Lance, my daughter." The three shook hands with Laurel.

"You work at S.T.A.R. Labs, with Barry Allen, right?" Laurel asked as she shook Cisco's hand, much to his delight. Seeing as he was lost for words, Natalie answered for him, "Yeah, he does."

Laurel cocked her head to the side, "Aren't you his girlfriend? I heard Felicity mentioned that when she got back from her visit." To answer her question Natalie nodded, looking over at her love-struck friend. Laurel glanced back at her dad and Joe, "Can I speak to you two privately for a minute?"

Natalie looked back at Joe, who nodded in permission, before pushing Cisco along behind Laurel. "So how do you know Barry," Cisco asked, attempting to start a conversation, "You guys like friends or something?" Laurel held the door open to a room and shut it as they filed in, "Not exactly. We met when the last time he was in Starling, visiting my friends, John Diggle, Felicity Smoak, and Oliver Queen."

"Three people who have absolutely nothing in common.. as far as I know," Cisco said as he leaned on the table. Natalie tilted her head, only knowing one of those people and knowing of another. Laurel placed her hands on the table, "Cisco, I know Barry's the Flash and Oliver's the Arrow. By the way, Natalie, Oliver wants to have a conversation with you about that."

The brunette nodded her head at this, "Yeah I figured, but it's not my fault that I guessed, right? Just have to make sure he doesn't shoot me in the back like Barry told me Oliver did to him. Unfortunately, I don't have speed healing." Cisco glanced warily at Laurel, "How do you know all of that?" Laurel smiled gleefully and leaned closer to him, "Because I'm the Black Canary."