05.

chapter five ; living in color

_________________

"So what did you want to do first?" Caitlin asked as she closed the front door behind her, Cisco, and Barry. They had all come over to Natalie's to help her settle in.

"I know what I want to do," Cisco mumbled, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"I heard that, Cisco," Natalie called from the living room as she stared at the boxes in the middle of the floor.

She turned to see Cisco and Barry playfully teasing and shoving each other before they joined her.

"Umm.. Natalie, I don't think staring at the boxes is going to move them," Barry said out of the side of his mouth, leaning closer to her and laughing.

Nat turned and looked at Barry with a serious face, "How would you know? Maybe I can."

Her three guests all glanced at each other and widened their eyes.

Caitlin cleared her throat and cautiously approached her cousin, "Nattie, what are you saying?"

Natalie looked at all of them in disbelief and started to laugh, "Oh come on, you can't obviously believe me! I'm not made of magic."

"Ha yeah, cause something like that would be crazy," Barry laughed unconvincingly, but Natalie didn't notice. Her attention had already been refocused on the boxes.

"I don't want to move the boxes just yet. I was thinking of maybe painting the house? But I don't know. What do you guys think?" she asked as she looked to her new friends for help.

Friends.

She'd finally decided that this was the start of a brand new friendship. Her, Caitlin, Cisco, and Barry. They had all had such a nice time at Jitters the other night and they had already hung out two times since then, not counting the group event today. Seeing the start of that friendship, it really allowed Natalie to feel even more at home in Central City.

"I say paint it. This gray," Cisco said as he gestured to the walls, "is really such a drab. But then again, if we do that then it means we'll have to come back and that means a longer time unpacking.. Which means more time at Nat's house. We paint!"

Natalie laughed as Cisco voiced his inner thoughts, "Okay then, paint it is. And good thing too because I kind of already bought the paint. Barry, Cisco, could you grab them and all of the painting stuff from the garage?"

"We'll get right on it," Barry said as he turned on his heel and walked with Cisco to the garage.

Caitlin walked over to her as soon as she made sure the boys were out of the room. "I can tell that you are attracted to the physical features of one that is a Mr. Barry Allen," she whispered in Natalie's ear.

Though her cousin was correct, she couldn't help but laugh at the way Caitlin said it, "Is it that obvious?"

Caitlin scrunched her face up before moving her hand in a 'so-so' way, "Just a bit."

"Well then. He is attractive and I can't help noticing, but that's it. Plus he's into Iris. I'm getting those vibes if you know what mean. And I literally just got here, nothing's gonna happen," Natalie said to her cousin, but mostly to herself.

Caitlin shrugged and opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by Cisco's yelling, "Green? Mint green? Why just why? Why not a pale blue or a..red? Red is always a good color" Barry trudged in after Cisco, shaking his head.