35.

chapter thirty-five ; act 1.

_________________

Caitlin, Barry, Joe, and Natalie moved around in Barry's lab as they set up the instruments and tried to calm Cisco down as the prepared to pry into his mind.

"I'm pretty sure I die in this dream," Cisco began to ramble as he took of his outer shirt leaving him in a simple tee. "If I go back into it, am I going to die in real life? I mean, what are we talking about here? Is this Inception or Dreamscape?"

Joe removed a glass of milk from the microwave Barry had in the lab and handed it to Cisco, "Here drink this." Cisco frowned at the glass, "What am I, five?" The older man and pushed it closer to the younger man, "Just drink it." Cisco obliged and drained the glass, shaking out his shoulders after he handed it back and laid down on the makeshift bed.

"The glasses are emitting a low-level delta wave," Caitlin explained as she gingerly placed the glasses over Cisco's eyes. "They should help you fall asleep."

Natalie smiled and walked forward by Cisco's side, Barry following along, "Cisco, want Barry to sing you a lullaby or something? He's got an amazing voice. Just ask Caitlin." Her cousin simply frowned in response as she continued to fiddle with the instruments.

Cisco ignored her comment and wiggled a little, "I gotta warn you guys. Usually it takes me a long time.. I mean, I'm not saying an insomnia or any..thing.."

The four left awake smirked slightly as Cisco trailed off, mouth open, and his head leaned to the side as he fell asleep. Joe leaned forward and smiled, "Oh. So that's how you get him to shut up."

"He's entering REM. It's working," Caitlin announced happily as she monitored the instruments. Barry smiled as his plan was set into action and leaned closer to Cisco, "Cisco? Can you hear me? You're dreaming bud."

Stepping closer to Cisco, the four of them waited for the sleeping Cisco to respond. "Woah. Guys, this is mad freaky," Cisco said.

Natalie couldn't help but giggle, "Of course that would be the first thing he says."

"Okay, Cisco. Where are you?"

"I'm in the Cortex. I know I'm just dreaming that I'm in the Cortex, but it feels so real," Cisco remarked, his words slightly slurred.

"What is dream you doing?"

Cisco opened and closed his mouth several times, "Caitlin just left to go see Natalie. I asked her to take Wells to Jitters. I think Nat's gonna go with her."

Natalie and Caitlin glanced at each other before Barry asked more questions, "Why do you want Wells out of the lab?"

"I think he might have tampered with my work. I need to check. Okay, I'm walking to the bunker. Aw man, I loved this shirt I thought the dryer ate it."

Joe and Natalie made eye contact as they tried to stifle their laughs at Cisco's comment. Barry shook his head slightly at the two and focused back on the dreaming boy, "Focus, Cisco."

"Alright, now I'm running tests on the containment system. This data, it doesn't make any sense. The super-capacitors, they were all fully charged. There's absolutely no reason the Man in Yellow should have escaped. Oh god, it was just a hologram." The four looked at each other in confusion as they waited for Cisco to continue. "He tricked us. Oh god, Wells is here."

Natalie noticed is heart rate picking up and grabbed his hand in an attempt to calm him, "Cisco, it's just a dream. He can't hurt you."

"You better be sure about that. Eobard Thawne."