ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

"I don't know what to say to you."
-M

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

-ˋˏ ˎˊ

Malìk stood outside his pod, sitting on the ground as his feet touched the water. His parents were scolding Ao'nung, as Tsireya sat inside playing with seashells, trying to ignore her parents screaming in the background.

The boy sighed, today was stressful.

What was his relationship with Dahliä? He didn't know what to exactly make of it. The boy was lost in his thoughts, he had no idea what he and Dahliä were at that point.

Tonowari approached his son, "What is bothering you, Malìk?" The teen fixed his posture, turning back towards his father, who stood tall. "Nothing bothers me, father."

"Are you sure?" He got up, and stood in front of his father, as he placed a strong hand on his shoulders. "Whatever bothers you, you have to stay strong. Save your energy for tomorrow."

Save his energy for tomorrow?

What was tomorrow?

"Tomorrow." He nodded, he didn't want to straight up ask his father what was going on tomorrow, since it seemed like Malìk should've known. "Yes, tomorrow. I already prepared your spear."

That's when two and two clicked together, the annual Metkayina warrior held out.

Fuck, how could he had forgotten something as important as that? The held out is his life, his way to show his people that he is a fit leader. The future Olo'eyktan, that helds out meant everything.

All that time he spent thinking about Dahliä. The time when he didn't pay attention to his responsibilities, didn't pay attention to his training, it was all because of Dahliä. He's won every single year since he's joined, and now the warrior held out was taking place tomorrow. "Thank you." He thanked his father, Tonowari smiled. "Get some rest."

-ˋˏ ˎˊ

Next morning, it seemed like the village was all over the place, they seemed to be getting ready for something.

Dahliä was in the water with her siblings, Tsireya, Roxto and Ao'nung, he kept a safe distance from her.

Tuk giggled as she fed her ilu, Dahliä stood next to her. Kiri payed attention to the water, before her eyes shifted back towards the village. "What's going on?" Roxto was the first to hear her, "The warrior held out."