2. Feuillemort

⚠️TW! cursing, emotional abuse⚠️

Matt:

His mom suddenly busted into his room. He quickly wiped his eyes and sat up. He could tell that whatever she was about to do or say wasn't going to be good based on the expression on her face.

His heart rate sped up and his nerves spiked.

His mom had such a look on her face that it burned itself into his mind at even just 1 glance.

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOING AT SCHOOL TODAY?! I JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE PRINCIPAL THAT SAID YOU WERE EXPELLED FROM GLANDIS!! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO TRANSFER YOU TO ANOTHER SCHOOL!? WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BE SUCH AN INCONVENIENCE?! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS CAUSING ME MORE PROBLEMS THAN I NEED," his mom shouted at the top of her lungs.

Tears stung at the corners of his eyes as he sat there, unable to speak.

His mother shot him one last dirty look before she closed the door, locking it before she went downstairs.

No! Nonononono No! Not again!

He ran over to the door, desperately trying to open it. The door handle didn't budge.

He banged his fist on the door, trying to get it to open. He fell to the floor sobbing so hard he thought he might actually throw up.

He punched his legs, trying to get rid of his anger, his sadness, everything.

He didn't bother moving. There was no point.

He just lay there, hugging himself, sobbing and wondering;

"What did I even do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Matt's mom jerked open the door. Matt jolted awake and stood up, completely out of it.

She scowled at him and said, "I already transferred you to a different school. Hexside. You start tomorrow," but then her tone of voice changed, she sounded more sincere, "Don't get into trouble please."

Then, she turned around and closed the door. Matt was waiting to hear the little click of the door lock, but it never came.

He sat there, confused. He also found himself thinking about what Hexside would be like. He didn't want to admit it to himself, but he was hoping that it would be different than Glandis. He hoped it would be. But he came to the conclusion that it would be the same.

He couldn't be hopeful for something new, because if it was the same, he'd have gotten his hopes up for absolutely nothing.

He shook his thoughts out of his head and walked over to his bed. He put in some earbuds and listened to music while staring out his window, dreaming and thinking both wonders and terrors.

Before he knew it, it had turned dark outside.

What time is it??

He looked at the time on his clock, it was 2 am.

"Well, at least I'll be able to get some sleep before a new school day," he said in a sarcastic tone of happiness.

Matt walked into the bathroom attached (conveniently) to his room. He opened up the medicine cabinet and took some melatonin, ready to sleep.

As he walked out, a furry creature brushed up against Matt's legs.

It was his cat, Estelle. She is a calico cat with huge, galaxy-green eyes that sparkle like tiny stars.

He smiled and picked her up gently, she immediately started purring. He scratched her soft head and walked over to his bed.

He lay down, placing Estelle on the bed. She swiftly hopped onto his stomach and settled down. Her soft purr filled the silence.

Matt slowly drifted off to sleep, content and at peace, for the first time in a while.

~~~~~~~~~~

Gus:

BEEP BEEP BEEP

His alarm went off, signaling the start of yet another day. He rolled his eyes as he shut off his alarm and slowly sat up. He took a second to wake himself up and trudged over to his desk, where his school uniform lay on the chair.

He picked up the uniform and got changed. Then, he walked downstairs for some breakfast. He put a piece of bread in the toaster and sat down at the table while he waited for it to be done.

"Why do we have to get up so early for school," Gus mumbled, rubbing his eyes. He could feel the eyebags at this point.

Ding

The toaster went off, and the toast popped up. Gus stood up tiredly and walked across the kitchen to grab his toast.

When he finished eating, he washed his plate and put it out to dry. He checked the time on his scroll;

"Only 10 minutes till I have to leave for school," he grumbled, tiredness singing in his voice yet again.

He trudged upstairs to his room, walking over to his desk to grab his school bag. He also picked up his earbuds, plugging them into his scroll. He turned on one of his favorite playlists and put on his shoes.

At that time, he only had 5 minutes till he had to head out. He didn't see any sense in waiting around his house, so he headed out a bit early.

The nice breeze floated through the air, making the cozy Autumn air nice and crisp.

He shuffled his feet as he walked, kicking pebbles across the sidewalk, watching them bounce and roll.

His music played sweetly in his ears, making him feel at peace. But all that peace went away when he saw the school building.

(End scene)

This one took me so long to write because I had an idea but didn't know how to execute it. I'm very sorry.

I hope all of you are doing well! I can't wait to write more for you all! ❤️