4. Selcouth

Gus:

The strange boy sat down on a bench by the park and started crying.

Gus felt something inside of him, but he had no idea what it was. He couldn't just stand there, could he? But it would be weird if he just walked over and sat next to the kid!

He was stuck. He couldn't just walk by and not do anything though...

He sucked in a deep breath of air and slowly walked towards the boy.

Matt:

"I can't do this anymore," he muttered to himself as he sat down, tears began to fall from his eyes.

Everything was going wrong. Nothing was going right. Absolutely nothing.

Matt set his school bag down on the dirt by the bench. He tucked his knees up close to his chest and buried his face in the small space between them.

Suddenly, he heard someone sit down next to him. "Are you okay," a small voice asked cautiously.

Matt felt his heart jump. He was scared shitless. He sat up quickly and wiped his eyes. "Yeah, I-Im fine," he lied.

The kid next to him looked embarrassed. "Oh, I'm sorry! I knew this would be really awkward and totally not something I should have done. I-I just saw you sad and I didn't want to just walk by without doing anything and-... I need to stop talking I'm just gonna go," he stumbled, starting to stand up.

Matt felt his cheeks warm up a little. "Wait. You just wanted to ask how I was just because you saw me sad?"

"Umm, yeah?"

"Oh, okay."

"Soo... should I go? Or..."

"I don't know... um..."

Matt stumbled to find any coherent words.

"My name's Matt"

"Oh, I'm Gus. Nice to meet you Matt."

Matt smiled.

Gus shifted uncomfortably and tapped his fingers against his knees in a rhythmic pattern. Matt caught onto this instantly.

"You okay?" Matt asked.

Gus looked up. "Oh, yeah, im fine," he said quietly.

Matt stood up awkwardly. "I should be getting home soon," he said, just as awkwardly as he stood up.

Gus stood up too, "Yeah, me too. I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Um, yeah."

"Okay, bye." Gus said, smiling. He waved and walked away.

Matt grabbed his stuff from where he had set it prior to him sitting down. He took a left turn at the spot where Gus had taken a right, and headed home.

Gus:

He sat his stuff down on his bed and screamed into his pillow.

He was feeling so many emotions that he didn't know how to process it. He didn't even know why he felt so accomplished for just talking to the guy.

He rolled onto his back and stared at the ceiling. "What is wrong with me," he asked out loud.

Matt:

He quietly set his stuff down and crawled onto his bed.

He was confused.

His mind was an absolute mess.

Why did that boy just ask what was wrong? Is that normal?

He laid down flat on his back and stared at the ceiling. He let out a groan of frustration and slammed a pillow onto his face.

"What is happening to me!" He groaned into his pillow.

(End scene)
I know, I know. This is a short chapter. But I didn't know how to continue things after this, so I just ended the chapter here🤷‍♂️

I hope all of you are doing well, I'd like to report that I'm doing pretty well right now myself!

Although I still have problems with my current family situation, I'm feeling more comfortable with myself again. I still want to take off my skin like a onsie, but thats beside the point.

I'm glad you've stuck with me.

Thank you.