23. Verklempt

Gus:

About an hour had passed.

Matt was tired, Gus could feel it as Matt weakened his grasp.

But Gus also knew there was a chance that Matt wasn't going to go to

"Hey, Matty. You awake still?"

Matt nodded his head against Gus' chest.

"Has some of the pain gone away? Do you want me to get you anything to help with it?" Gus asked worriedly.

"It still hurts. But I dont want to be alone right now. Can you stay here?"

"Of course."

~~Time skip~~

About a week passed since the incident with Matt.

Since then, Matt hasn't said much. He couldn't bring himself to speak unless he absolutely needed to. It killed Gus to see Matt retreat into himself and push people away.

Gus never realized just how much he loved spending time with Matt and having conversations with him. With Matt silencing himself, Gus was often left with his own thoughts. Which was a scary place to be.

One day, Gus dove so far into his mind that, when he woke up, he was shaking. Estelle leaped onto Gus' bed and brushed against him, sensing his discomfort.

Today, Matt was on the floor, leaning up against the wall. He was listening to music and drawing.

Gus noticed how Matt's hair covered his eyes slightly when his head was tilted down. He noticed how beautiful of a brown his eyes were.

Everything about Matt drove him crazy! The way he smiled, the way he laughed, the way his face turned red at the smallest compliment, the way he got excited about the smallest things;

Gus just got so frustrated. He hated seeing Matt this way and not being able to do anything to help.

3rd person:

"I'm going to go for a quick walk, want to come with?"

Matt shook his head.

Gus sighed and walked over to Matt, sitting down next to him.

Matt didn't say anything as Gus sat down. Gus rested his head on Matt's shoulder, which is what got Matt's attention.

"Are you okay?" Matt asked, turning off his music.

Gus sighed, "No."

"Do... you want to talk about it?" Matt asked sincerely, turning his full attention to Gus.

Gus nodded his head.

"You drive me crazy Matt! You have such a bright, amazing smile. Your laugh is just so fucking perfect! And when those things are taken from you, I can't do anything to help! I feel entirely useless!"

Matt's face turned a bright pink when he heard this. He tried his best to calm himself down, but a light pink still dusted his face.

"I can't stand seeing you so sad! I know that being sad is a natural thing, but you deserve all the happiness in the world! You're so smart, and kind, and funny, and sweet, and pretty, and fucking amazing! You wouldn't hurt anyone without a reasonable cause! And even then, you still would hesitate!"

Gus sighed again and lifted his head off of Matt's shoulder. He faced directly toward Matt and said;

"Matt. I think you know what I'm getting at. But in case I havent made it clear; I like you. I, Agustus Porter, like you, Mattholomule. I like you not in the friend way. And I'm sorry if this makes you uncomfortable."

Gus' outer appearance remained strong, but inside, he was ready to die. Tears formed at the corners of his eyes, which he chose to ignore.

Matt stared in shock, trying to process what he had just heard. His face had become fully red at this point.

He watched as tears slipped from Gus' eyes. He went to stand up and said, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything."

Matt didn't want him to go.

He lunged forward, grabbing Gus gently by the wrist. Gus looked at Matt. His face was too difficult to read to get an accurate guess as to what he was feeling.

Matt couldn't throw this away.

"I like you too," he whispered.

Gus tilted his head to the side, "Can you repeat that? You were too quiet.."

Matt pulled Gus back down to the floor and hugged him. After a brief moment, he spoke;

"I like you too, Gus" Matt confessed.

Gus pulled away from the hug, "Wait, really? You do?"

Matt smiled and brought his hand up to the side of Gus' face. He pressed his hand against his cheek and wiped away the tears.

"Yes."

A huge smile spread across Gus' face. He lunged at Matt, wrapping him in a hug. The two fell to the floor, but they didn't care. They began to laugh for practically no reason, but that didn't stop them. They laughed until they couldn't breathe.

"Hey, Matt?"

"Yeah?"

"Wanna watch a sitcom?"

"Absolutely!"

Gus smiled and put on a sitcom. This time, he picked what it was. It had been a little while since their discussion about who got to pick, but Matt remembered and made sure Gus picked it out.

The pair sat on Gus' bed, leaning against eachother, hands interlocked. A light pink dusted their cheeks, but no awkwardness lie between them.

When the movie ended, the two just sat on Gus' bed. Gus played with Matt's hair while Matt pet Estelle.

Eventually, they both fell asleep.

Gus' arms wrapped around Matt, and Matt's did the same. They held the other as they fell asleep, completely content with the world:

For the time being.

(End scene)

Heheheheheheheeeeee
FINALLY BITCHES!!!!!
THEYVE CONFESSED THEIR FEELINGS!!!!!