I did it for love,did it for you

when I woke up I wasn't in the street I passed out,instead I was in a living room that looked exactly like my parents house from years ago.
"Well,this is definitely an unusual situation to be in, I am dead ? Weird this certainly doesn't look like hell at all". I said while
looking around a bit confused.

"no you're not dead.....yet" a familiar voice starts talking to me as I turn around I see..... my father ?

"How I'm not dead if I'm talking to you right now ?" I said completely puzzled about my current situation.

"Your circumstances are unique..... To say the least, you are neither dead nor alive, and that's why I'm here to speak to you one last time.....and to apologize" I'm curious as to what my father I'll tell me we..... didn't talked that much I'm the past.

"I need to give you a proper apology, during all my childhood I was trained by my mother,whit only one objective in mind,be effective in the art of killing,I wasn't loved by her,I was just a mere tool to her, someone that she could shape into being the most effective Killing machine possible so I could take us out of poverty". I didn't know that about my my grandmother, maybe that's why dad never talked about her.....

"She was successful,I was effective at killing,even more than she had initially tough,I didn't feel a thing while living to her expectations I was just..... empty I was a tool to enrich her,all these years she successfully manipulated me saying things like you ' I am your mother and you should always obey me, after all without me you wouldn't be here on this world',I was mentally and physically exhausted of her, until I just ran way from her, from everything I just wanted to be free".

"as the years passed,I met your mother, eventually we fell in love, we had you later,and after having my own family I was obsessed in keeping our financial situation well,I didn't want you or your mother to go through what I went,even if we weren't even coming through a similar situation at the time,the psychological trauma my mother caused to me was a deep scar I carried trough all my life, 'if I can't provide the best for my family they're going to leave me' was the most prevalent and depressing tough I had almost everyday plaguing my mind."

"the "need" for money made me go back to my hitman's life, that keep on going for years,I barely stayed home,hated my job rarely interacted with my wife and Kids,and I just felt miserable,in the end I did the same thing as my mother,neglected my family in search for wealth,and I'm the process forced you to succeed me and also live a unwanted and miserable life because of my poor decisions. I only realized my own mistakes when I was in the verge of death." My father said almost crying,I'm the end he was a victim of his own trauma,I feel bad for him...

"It's okay father we can't change the past anyway, I'm just sad..... that I didn't realize what I wanted until it was to late to change, now I'll forever be regretful..."I said while looking down sad and thinking of my happy times whit Kiriko,now just a memory I'll cherish forever.

"You're half right,we can't change the past but we can definitely alter our future,as I said you're not dead yet there's still hope,for the future you deserve,I'm sorry that i couldn't be the father I wanted but, believe in me when I say that you're My greatest pride and joy,so please hear my last wish,live the life you want without regrets,don't end like me,is the only thing I ask from you." my father said while crying and hugging me as everything around me including him started to fade away.

"Wait father I still have some questions, please don't go now!"
"My time I'm this place as come to an end,there are people worried,waiting for you to return right ? don't keep them waiting then! goodbye....." he said while disappearing before my eyes, until everything faded to black.

suddenly I could feel that my body was back at the cold floor I passed out before,I can still taste a bit of blood in my mouth, I'm slowly recovering my senses,at least some of the pain has stopped, it's raining and I'm still exhausted I can't even open my eyes,but I can faintly hear someone talking,if I concentrate a little, maybe I can hear what they're talking about.