The scarlet protector.

the sun is shining and I'm already wake, didn't get much sleep yesterday after all. My mood isn't good obviously. I barely got any rest and to top it all off I'm without the love of my life by my side,so I think I have the right to be at least a bit grumpy in the morning.
still I better get out of bed and start making some breakfast unless I want to spend the morning tossed on the bed like everyday since the past month... I really don't but it's hard to have the will to do anything.

"It doesn't matter if I'm motivated or not today the world shall see my unmatched cooking skills!" after saying that i managed to let out a weak smile,even if it was only filled by sadness.
just some bacon and eggs are probably enough for now,I forgot to buy new ingredients for a while so that's all I can make at the moment. really anticlimactic honestly.

even though I was supposed to be focusing on the cooking I was completely absent minded. I didn't even realize that I accidentally burned one of my fingers in the process. nothing that my regeneration can't fix but still... I made sure to pay more attention this time,don't need to worry about my well being but if I don't pay attention the food won't taste great in the end.

after finishing cooking I got a plate,opened the window and started looking at the Sky while eating. which quickly proved to be an awful decision,since some memories started to haunt me...

* one year ago *

" go ahead (Y/n) as your older brother I'm 99% confident that she will say yes! you know I'm never wrong right ? c'mon what do you have to lose ? the worst she can say is no!" this Damm smirk never leaves is face. "I can lose a friendship I highly value brother... but i guess you're right... if she says no I can just end everything." he doesn't understand my pain... "even if that's what you really want I won't let you end everything. I promised to keep you safe from any kind of danger,I would never be able to forgive myself if i let you do this to yourself..." even if he's concerned I won't change my mind. "It's truly a shame then. since I plan to do it whether you like it or not. better hope she says yes..." I simply leaved my brother and went to meet Kiriko in a restaurant. it's now or never. as I entered and approached her I can't help but feel nervous...
"You finally decided to show up ? I've been waiting here for quite a while." she's beautiful as always. I was the one who invited her to this restaurant and still made her wait all this time... I just keep messing up. "I'm sorry to keep you waiting.I was... discussing some important matters with my brother" I can only give an awkward smile in this situation. "more important than me ?" she doesn't know my real intentions but her teasing sure as hell is effective. "I apologize again but I have a really important thing I want to ask you..." "Oh do tell me then!" "please forgive me... but can't hide it anymore. I- I... l-love you... Kiriko. would you accept to be my girlfriend ?" honestly I think this is the end she's simply to good for someone like myself. I better leave before I embarrass myself even more.
"I'm so sorry. forget I said anything. have a good night Kiriko..." as I quickly get up from my seat and was about to leave the restaurant Kiriko grabbed my hand and made me look straight into her eyes.
"You can't just confess your love to me and simply leave without hearing my answer." she's smiling at me I don't want to get my hopes up but maybe this time thing's will work out for me ? "so what's your answer Kiriko ?" "of course I accept it silly! you made me wait years for this moment. you better make up to me~" looks like I succeed... I can't believe it... did she actually said yes ? "helloooo earth to (Y/n) ? you're just going to stand there motionless ? c'mon I demand at least a kiss I've been waiting for so long" I approached her,a little shy as I was preparing myself for the kiss Kiriko on the other hand just aggressively but still passionately kissed me. "That was great! the wait sure paid off,now let's go back to my apartment so we can have a eventful night unbothered by anyone shall we ?" she's way more straightforward than I thought... "You're blushing that much ? how cute! I'm going to enjoy teasing you everyday hehe! now let's go we have 'business' to do tonight!" she's definitively the boss in this relationship... well no complaints from my part "Y-Yes miss!" my face is completely red this is so embarrassing! but I'm somewhat enjoying this. I have no dignity...