23) Antares - Wise & Protective Leaders

Rumi had no words to explain her feelings. She was nervous, excited, and happy. Both her friends, Ritika and Parth planned to accompany her to the Preview of 'The Gypsy's blood'. She had no one else to invite. When she tried to contact Ziva, the other woman texted her that she was out of the country but she had wished her success. Rumi was in two minds about inviting Ujjwal. Finally, she decided not to call him. She was sure that he would be there at the invite of someone else.

There had been no word from Yohan after their last meeting in the studio. As of late, they had been cordial to each other but nothing more. It was as if the bond they had developed had somehow vanished after Alec's arrival.

Rumi spoke to Alec regularly. She had wanted him to see the film. Unfortunately, he was in Cairo, finalizing the locations for their shooting. Rumi was excited about going to Egypt but she wasn't sure if she would find another director like Yohan who understood every nuance of her expression.

She changed her outfit many times. First, she tried a full-sleeved, backless jumpsuit in black but Ritika rejected it outright. She said it made Rumi look like a waxy mannequin; whatever that meant. Next, she wore a full-length beige gown with a cowl neck and gold embroidery. Parth exclaimed, "Good lord Rumi! Where did you find that gown?"

"Why? Isn't it good?"

"Do you want to blend with the furnishings in the theatre?"

Ritika burst out laughing. Rumi made a face at Parth. She went back to her room and leafed through her dresses. There were very few formal and fancy dresses in her collection. The two best ones in her collection were rejected. Now what? She wondered. Her eyes fell on the dark-green sleeves that stuck out from the row of dresses. She took it out and skimmed a glance over it. The up-and-down dark green gown was made of georgette. She had never worn it before. Months ago, she had got it on sale in a London exhibition.

She slipped it over her. The ¾ sleeve accentuated her long arms. The V- neck made her slender neck stand out. The elastic belt and flared skirt made her look tall. The uneven hemline gave the dress a rich twirl. Rumi matched it with a beige high-heeled sandal. When she went out of the room, Parth whistled and Ritika clapped, "That is it, Rumi. You look ravishing in the green."

"I agree. Finally, you got the right one," Parth concurred.

While Rumi gave final touches to her face, Parth and Ritika were ready. Rumi hugged them, "Thanks guys for being there. It means a lot to me..."

"Aww Rumi...love you too," Ritika held her tight.

"Come on Rumi...we will support you even if you look mousy in the movie."

"Shh, Parth, don't make her nervous," Ritika chided.

There was a knock. All three looked at each other in question. Parth opened the door.

Yohan stepped inside. He looked breathtakingly handsome in a grey suit and pastel lilac shirt. The striped tie matched his suit.

"Wow, bro! you are ready to kill it," Parth uttered aloud.

Yohan grinned sheepishly. His glance moved to Rumi, "Ready? Shall we go?"

Rumi frowned and eyed her friends.

"All of us will go together," Yohan added hastily. Rumi nodded and turned around to grab her clutch and mobile. Yohan's eyes moved over her, a tight smile on his face. He crossed his fingers.

*************

The auditorium was full. Rumi sat next to Yohan in one of the front rows. Her friends took the seats in the row just behind her. Rumi was aware that there were many well-known faces in the crowd but she couldn't see anyone in the dark as she waited in tense silence for the screen to be lit.