6) Arcturus - Intuitive and Expressive

Rumi was debating on the dessert spread when she was greeted by Ziva.

"Look who is here!" Ziva drawled in her low gravelly voice.

"Good evening Ziva, Pleasure to meet you too!" Rumi replied in a calm unhurried voice.

"Always as cool as cucumber!" Ziva made the observation while growing anger at the sight of Rumi set her on edge.

Rumi shrugged her shoulders and searched for Ujjwal.

"Who invited you to the party?" Ziva asked, helping herself to a cup of hot lentils and rice.

"I came with Ujjwal."

"I see, still clutching to him for help."

"What do you want Ziva? I did not come in search of you."

"No you didn't. But...." She paused and continued, "If you had, you would have been a star now."

"Thank you but that is not the way I want to be a star."

"How do you want it Rumi? By following Ujjwal to parties? Or make a living out of appearing in obscure commercials?"

"At least I am not pretending to be in love with some creepy old man. That is what you asked me to do."

"For god's sake Rumi, I asked you to make the man happy during his last dying days. That is not much to ask for. His family abandoned him, his employees left him, his partners betrayed him and his health gave away. His only wish was for someone to accompany him to a wellness resort where he wanted to recuperate."

"I suppose that did not include sleeping with him."

Ziva sighed, "Rumi stop looking at the world through your sanctimonious attitude. People are much more complex than they appear. You would not be so aimless if you had accepted my offer. He promised you plum opportunities."

"And too much publicity Ziva... He wanted me to appear in front of the press as his girl. I would never do it."

"Rumi, if you want to be a star, you have to learn to befriend the press. Don't forget that. Holding on to Ujjwal is not going to bring roles."

Rumi walked away before she lost her temper. Like always, Ziva managed to disturb her composure. And the comment about clutching to Ujjwal touched a raw nerve.

Ziva watched Rumi walk away and sighed. She knew that the girl had lot of potential but Rumi was wasting it away due to some misplaced morality and unwanted fear.

                                                                          *************

Ziva's observation about her relationship with Ujjwal bothered her.

"Hey Rumi, what a surprise!"

It was Adil in a dark pin-striped suit and a hat. He looked very handsome and Rumi was surprised that he sought her.

"Hi, hat?"

"Yeah, they want me to anchor a part of the program that involves some magician. So the hat..."

"Oh...."

"So how come you are here. You never attended any event in the last eight months."

"I accompanied someone." She replied, hoping that he would leave her. Adil's eyes widened in surprise, "Oh who?"

"Ujjwal Mishra, he is the head of their talent hunt team."

"And your boyfriend?" Adil asked her, his curiosity evident. Rumi nodded, not willing to share her personal life with anyone.