Epilogue

Two years later....

Rumi stared out of the flight window eagerly. The flight was descending towards Mumbai airport. She couldn't wait to see Yohan. After finishing Alec's docu-series, she was approached by another mainstream director of French films. He introduced her to World Cinema. There was no stopping Rumi from there. Her next step was Hollywood. Here, she did a film for a well-known director and production house. She was the main lead and it brought more success to her. She was now accepted as a talented actress across the cinemas of the world. These days she was flooded with offers from Hollywood, European movie houses, and Indian producers. On the personal front, she bought a house in Los Angeles and looked after Rewa's post-surgery care. Rewa's eyes recovered their sight and she was able to see her famous sister at last.

Everything was going well for Rumi except for her heart. She missed Yohan terribly. After going to France, she lost touch with him. She did hear occasionally that he made super hit films in India. During the shoot in Cairo, Alec realized that Rumi was in love with Yohan so he did not reveal his feelings to her. But they remained lifelong friends. Even now, if Rumi needed advice on any project, she would seek them from her 3 Am friend, Alec.

At present, she had a break of two weeks before she started her next project. She had planned to take Rewa on a Caribbean cruise but Rewa had insisted that she go to Mumbai and meet Yohan. Rewa was well aware that her sister was deeply in love with Yohan and that she longed for his company. Hence, she sternly asked Rumi to get her life back.

And now Rumi was not sure if Yohan was present in Mumbai; if he was away on a shoot or if he found someone else to spend his life with.

Life was unpredictable. One never knew what to expect.

There were one or two press photographers outside the arrival lounge. Luckily, she managed to evade them and reach her hotel without any hurdles.

**************

Yohan had no idea that Rumi was in the country. It was a weekend so he had driven down to his country house on the coast. He had bought a simple farmhouse near the coast on the outskirts of Mumbai. He enjoyed spending every weekend there. He did not invite anyone to the farmhouse. He took pleasure in doing his own chores and catching up on Rumi's latest. He had watched her documentary show which won an award, her French film where she was absolutely ravishing, and the latest Hollywood film where she was the lead. He had seen all of them and he admired her greatly for making it at an international level.

He missed her a lot but his work kept him busy. He was now one of the leading filmmakers in the industry and everyone respected him. In the two years, after "The Gypsy's Blood' he made two more films and both were successful ones. He made it a point to take only new actors and not established stars. Nina tried her best to get back with Yohan but he told her bluntly that he was not interested.

He bought his grandparent's house from his uncles and made a shrine for his grandparents in one corner of the house. He loved that house and all his childhood memories were stored in the house.

The Sun was setting for the day and the twilight flooded his garden with orange hues. He loved the peace and solitude in the farmhouse. It gave him space to think about Rumi without any interruptions. He watered the plants and settled down on the armchair on the Veranda. Leaning back, his eyelids drooped to a close. The cicadas were beginning to make noise. The waves were hissing at the beach, the soft breeze rustled the leaves. The peace was temporarily broken by the chirping of a lizard.

Yohan sighed. His thoughts meandered around Rumi, wondering what she was doing. Was she dating anyone? His heart lurched painfully at the passing thought. He knew she was staying with her sister in Los Angeles. Many times, he had wanted to fly there and see her but he had curbed his impulses. He didn't want to force Rumi. If she loved him, she would come to him.

The quiet dusk was interrupted by the noise of a vehicle that drew to a stop outside his gate. He frowned at the unwanted visitor. He did not welcome any surprise caller and he was ready to pounce on them.

He stepped down from the verandah and strode towards the gate angrily. The visitor alighted from the cab and turned around.

Yohan stopped abruptly. His pulse raced and his lungs contracted breathlessly. His astonishment turned into wonder. He was rooted to the spot.

The cab left and Rumi saw him. A shy smile lit up her face. She opened the gate and walked towards him, stopping right in front of him.

"Rumi...." Yohan whispered

"I missed you," Before Rumi could finish the sentence, Yohan cupped her chin and placed his lips on hers, drawing her soul into his spirit. They remained like that till the Moon rose and shone above them.

When they drew apart, Rumi confessed, "I love you Yohan."

Yohan smiled happily; his incomplete life had come to a circle.  He wanted nothing more in his life.

THE END