săam

"Thank you, class. That's all for today." The teacher announced as the final bell rang.

As soon as the teacher walked out of the classroom everyone let out a sigh of relief. Well, everyone except Jisoo, who was sleeping again. I thought she wouldn't sleep after lunch but girl I was wrong. She snored louder than before. Now I understand why the seat beside her was empty even though she is popular.

I put all the books inside my bag and got up. Ye-ha got up too and went towards me.

"Gaja!" She said.

I nodded and eyed Jisoo. "Shouldn't we wake her up?"

"No need. Her friends will wake her up."

Just as Ye-ha said that, the scary girl— what was her name?

"Jennie-yah!" Sana shouted suddenly in the corner, answering my thought.

She entered the classroom beside Jennie who was standing beside Jisoo's desk.

"I told you to wait for me. Why did you just walk away?" She said with an annoyed tone.

"I don't feel like waiting for you." Jennie replied.

"Nini!" Irene exclaimed.

"Don't call me nini. It's so annoying." Jennie said as she brushed her hair back with her fingers.

"Yah!" Sana looked angry.

"Aish! You two stop with the quarreling." Jisoo groaned as she sat up.

"Seriously, you two are getting even more annoying day by day." Jisoo continued as she stretched her arms.

"Did you have a good sleep, sleeping beauty?" Jennie teased ignoring what Jisoo said as she ruffled her hair.

"Hajima." Jisoo whined as she slapped Jennie's hand away.

"Said the sleeping beauty herself. Jennie-yah, don't act like you didn't sleep throughout the whole day." Chaeyoung chuckled as she entered the room.

"Let's go." Ye-ha whisper-urged, making me retract my focus back on her.

"Oh, right."

We walked out of the class and met A-seo and Si-yu who were waiting for us outside.

"Finally. I can't wait to go home." A-seo said as she slung her arm around Ye-ha shoulder.

"Me too." Si-yu said.

"Then let's go. My driver's already here." Ye-ha informed and fasten her pace.

We all nodded as we followed suit.

I stopped on my tracks when I saw a girl being cornered by other three girls.

"What are they doing?" I frowned.

They stopped too, looking towards where I was looking.

"Oh, that's Kim Hanbin. The scholarship student." Si-yu said.

"Isn't that Fakway Ji?" I asked as I noticed one of the three girls was her.

A-seo nodded. Just then, Way ji started hitting the girl with a book.

"Ya-!" Ye-ha put her hand over my mouth, stopping me from shouting.

The three of them pulled me away with Ye-ha's hand still on my mouth. I tried to protest but failed. After we were at a far distance, Ye-ha then put her hand down.

"Why did you guys do that? We could have stop her." I said.

"We couldn't have. It would just make it worse." A-seo replied.

"Kim Hanbin is one of the very few scholarship student that got in Pinkpunk. She is under Fakway Ji." Si-yu added.

"What do you mean by under Fakway Ji?"

"Till now we have only told you about the good side of the school. This school—to people it may seem like the school of their dreams but it's far from that. The bullying in this school is the worst thing ever. The students from rich families look down upon the poor ones." Ye-ha continued.

"Before the scholarship offer, richer ones would look down upon the one's below them by wealth. After scholarship offers, they started bullying the scholarship students."

"No one protested 'cause they were not the ones being bullied. Since then, it's always like this." Si-yu added.

"So basically we are all bullies." I said.

"No. We are not like them. We don't bully anyone." A-seo denied.

"Seeing people getting bullied and not doing anything to stop it also makes you a bully." I deadpanned.

They just stood there dumbfounded.

"I need to go." I said and quickly ran away.

I ran down the stairs and out of the building. I ran out of the school grounds until I could not see any building.

I stop and panted as I reached the bus stop. I am all sweaty and out of breath.

I literally ran for fifteen minutes straight.

I sat on the bench and wiped my banged forehead with the back of my hand. I blankly stare ahead as I recalled what Ye-ha, A-seo and Si-yu said. I recalled what Fakway Ji did to the scholarship student. I lowered my head down as I bit my lower lip.

I rummaged through my bag and pulled out a piece of paper. I traced the Pinkpunk school's logo in the paper with my finger and unfold it carefully. I read out the words written in my mind.

'Dear Lalisa,

CONGRATULATIONS for being selected as the reciepient of the Pinkpunk High School's full tuition scholarship. With your exceptional grades and—'

I folded the paper back and stuffed it inside the bag. I covered my face with my hands and groaned. All the happy thoughts I had before were gone. All the good things I imagined of this school just shattered. I could already tell what would happen to me once they find out I am a scholarship student too.

What am I going to do?