jèt

"You should have been there, you guys. I was so bored and about to fall asleep 'cause the class was so silent and just then, I heard Lisa say 'are you even up there?'. Everyone whipped their head towards her and she was staring up at the ceiling and..." Ye-ha burst into laughter.

A-seo and Si-yu joined her while I grumpily stuffed my mouth with food. It was lunch time right now. We met A-seo and Si-yu on our way to the cafeteria. They hugged me and apologized but I shook my head and apologized instead. We were all glad that there was no awkwardness between us.

"She looked so funny." Ye-ha burst into laughter again.

"Yah, Ye-ha. Enough with the laughing." I scowled.

"Arasseo, arasseo. But why were you staring at Jisoo though, hmm?" Ye-ha wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh, right. Tell us, Lisa." A-seo leaned forward.

"It's nothing like that." I said trying to stop myself from blushing but failed.

"Yah! Look at her blush." Si-yu teased as she bumped her shoulder with mine.

"I am telling you guys, it's nothing."

"Why? Don't you think Jisoo is cute? Just look at that eye smile." A-seo motion her head towards their table.

We all looked and just then both Jisoo and Jennie looked at our table. My eyes grew big in shock. I quickly looked away and tried to hide my face with my hair.

"Whoa! Did Jennie and Jisoo just looked at you?" Si-yu asked.

"It was like telepathy. You guys turned to look at each other at the same time." A-seo added.

"It was just a coincidence. Ugh! They must be thinking I am a creep or something." I groaned.

"Imagine having the two most popular girls fighting for your attention." Ye-ha sighed dreamily out of nowhere.

"Yah! I thought you didn't like the four of them. Remember how you were criticizing Jisoo yesterday?"

Ye-ha just waved her hand.

"That would be great. I ship Jisoo and Lisa by the way. They would look so cute together. And their personality matches too. They are both bright and smiling." Si-yu said.

"Jisoo is bright and smiling?!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"Unlike her friends. She's actually approachable. She is nice." She said.

I still stared at her.

"Last year, we were paired up for a project work. I thought I would have to do all the work but she surprisingly was willing to do too. We divided the work equally and she actually put effort in it. She was really friendly and nice too. It wasn't awkward at all between us. She still greets me if she sees me around." Si-yu explained.

I frowned "She wasn't so nice to me in class."

"How?" A-seo asked.

"She heard me say her snores were loud so she growled at me, I do not snore. I acted like I didn't know what dhe was talking about and she glared at me. Also after the embarrassing moment in class, she stared at me with this mean look and called me a weirdo." I grumbled as I stabbed the chicken with my fork and stuffed it in my mouth.

"But you really were like a weirdo." Ye-ha teased.

I glared at her.

"Now, I ship her with Jisoo too." She said.

"Yah! What is up with you guys? Stop with the shipping thing." I whined.

"I think Jennie and Lisa would be better though." A-seo joined in.

"Jennie and Lisa? How?" Si-yu asked.

"Jennie may seem like she is always in a bad mood or whatever but she is not like that. She is different when she is with her friends and her sister. She is too closed off so Lisa with her bright and easy going personality can help her. You know, open up to people and show others the real her, who is actually kind and caring." A-seo explained.

We sat there dumbstruck. She talked so deeply that I actually felt like I was going to date Jennie.

"That was way too much in detail for a joke." Ye-ha chuckled.

Si-yu nodded.

"What? They would look cute together. Jennie with her bad girl look and Lisa with her cute and innocent good girl look. Isn't that what everyone likes?" A-seo asked.

"They would indeed look super cute now that I picture them together." Si-yu agreed.

"I know right. And family meetings would be fun too if Lisa and Jennie dated. I wouldn't have to act nice with Sana at dinner parties. I swear I feel like killing myself every time I hear her fake laugh." A-seo rolled her eyes.

"What do you mean?" I looked at her confused.

"Oh, right, I haven't told you. Jennie is my cousin. Her father and my mother are siblings from the same mother. But we aren't close or anything. We hardly talk to each other. We used to be close when we were small but as we grew up, we stopped talking." A-seo said.

I nodded in response. She looked sad talking about it.

"It happens with almost everyone. Me and my cousins don't talk either. We used to be inseparable before when we were in elementary but as we grew up we drifted apart." Si-yu said.

There was an awkward silence for a minute.

"Yaah, you guys. Don't be sad and look at me balancing A-seo's bottle again. This time I will beat my last score and balance it for more than twenty seconds. Count for me girls." Ye-ha said as she started balancing it on her head.

A-seo shook her head.

"Yaah. Ppalli."

"Fine. One, two, three.." Si-yu started counting.

A-seo has a strange obsession with balancing things on her head or balancing anything anywhere in particular. I chuckled as she nearly dropped the bottle. Her face looked funny when she panicked.

I recalled what A-seo said about Jennie in my mind. Kind and caring, huh? Didn't felt that way when she glared at me as if she wanted to murder me earlier this morning.

I looked at their table and fixed my gaze at Jennie who was surprisingly staring back at me. We held our gazes for a while but I looked away 'cause my heart started racing in an abnormal speed.

What was that?

I stuffed my mouth with food as I focused back on our table.

"Twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty." Si-yu said and clapped her hands.

I clapped my hands too as Ye-ha looked so proud of herself. A-seo just continued eating.

"Thank you. Thank you. I wouldn't have came this far if it wasn't for my mom, my dad, my sister, my brother, my friends." Ye-ha held the bottle like a mic as she spoke.

Si-yu and I laughed at her silliness while A-seo just shook her head. After Ye-ha finished her 'speech' instead of clapping, we booed at her showing our thumbs down.

"Yaah!" Ye-ha exclaimed in annoyance as she lifted the bottle to hit us.

We all just laughed at her. Ye-ha looked annoyed at first but started laughing along with us. Like I said the only good thing happening in my life right now.