sìp hâa

Jisoo, Chaeyoung and I were sitting in our table at lunch. I let out a sigh as I hung my head down.

"Yaaaah! I am telling you not to stress over your loss." Jisoo said talking about yesterday's rap battle.

"It's not that." I muttered.

"Then what?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I need to come in top ten anyhow. I need a bike."

"Didn't I tell you to forget about it? You are at the bottom. The very bottom. How are you going to get all the way to top ten huh?" Jisoo scolded.

"You guys, seriously are the worst friend."

"We are being good friends here. We are stopping you from dreaming about something impossible."

"You aren't even in top two hundred and you are talking about top ten." Chaeyoung added.

I glared at them.

"Why do you need a bike anyway? It's not like you are going to be able to go back to your home after the battle." Jisoo said.

"It doesn't hurt to have a bike. I can go to places wherever I want without having to inform my parents."

Chaeyoung nodded.

"By the way, whose place did you stay at again? La-Li, what was it?" Jisoo asked.

I stopped mid way with my spoon. Why did she have to bring that up?

"You mean Lalice?" I said.

"Oh, yeah. Lalice. Cool name though. Who is she?"

"She is one of Jiyoung's friend. Jiyoung had talked to her about me so she offered me to stay at her place." I chuckled nervously.

"Jiyoung sure is reliable." Jisoo stated.

I nodded my head and forced a smile.

"My battle's next week. I ain't got place to stay at too. Can you talk to Lalice about it?" Jisoo asked.

I choked on my spit.

"Gwaenchanha?" Chaeyoung passed her water.

I drank it hastily.

"I am fine." I choked out as the coughing slowly subsided.

"As I was saying, can't you ask her? Jisoo said.

I gulped. I wanted to bang my head on the wall. Why did I have to say Jiyoung's friend?

"I-I'll ask her but don't rely on it." I replied.

"You are the best, Jennie-ah." Jisoo came closer to kiss me.

"Yaaah. Hajima!" I pushed her away.

Chaeyoung chuckled.

"You guys are already starting to achieve your dreams while I am here doing nothing." Chaeyoung sighed.

What happened to that commercial that you told us about?" Jisoo asked.

"I declined."

"Wae?"

"It was a little embarassing to do so.."

"Yaah! You can't be picky. Beggars can't be choosers." I said.

"I know. I am regretting it. But next offer whatever it is I am going to accept it."

Chaeyoung smiled.

"Even an underwear ad?" Jisoo asked.

I chuckled as Chaeyoung hit Jisoo on her head. I looked up as I caught a familiar flash of hair walk by. I looked back at the table she sat in and saw A-seo and others sitting there. I looked back at Byuntae as she walked out of the dining hall. I stood up.