yēe sìp

I was sitting by the pool with my feet dipped inside it. I had a cup in my hand which was the drink that Namjoon had handed me. I couldn't even finish it as the taste of the alcohol was too much.

I looked down at the cup and remembered Jungkook and what he said. Maybe he was just drunk, I thought. The party was almost over. You could tell as there were only few people left. Si-yu and the others were up inside playing some drinking game while I decided to sit here.

I wanted to be by myself for a while. Seeing A-seo and Namjoon smiling, hugging and whispering to each other just made me feel sort of lonely. I have never experienced those kind of stuff. Never had the person you can just look at and automatically smile. Someone you can call my person.

I let out a sigh as I wiggled my leg and played with the water. I had a particular person in my mind but I was trying to block her out. She has a girlfriend. I shouldn't think of her like that.

"Mind if I join you?" Someone asked.

I looked up to see it was Jungkook. He didn't even wait for an answer as he just sat down beside me. I stared at him warily and slid a little further away.

"I don't bite, you know." He said.

I let out an awkward chuckle.

"I noticed you didn't like alcohol so I got you a cola."

I took the cola from him and smiled gratefully.

"I must have come off as weird earlier. You know.. with the.. uh.." He trailed off as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

I just stared at him.

"Let's start again." He said.

He put his hand forward. "Hi. I am Jungkook."

I smiled and took his hand. "Hi. I am Lalisa but you can call me Lisa."

"Lisa. So, like Korea so far?" He asked.

"Yes." I nodded.

"How about korean food?" He asked.

"Yeah, I like it a lot."

We were making small talks like this. Slowly, getting to know each other but someone suddenly shouted "Here they are!"

We turned around to see it was Ye-ha who looked drunk. The others were behind and looked drunk. The others were behind and they were also drunk.

"What are you two doing here all alone, huh?" Hoseok teased.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Next us maybe?" Namjoon kissed A-seo's forehead.

"No way. Lisa already has someone else." A-seo slurred.

"I have?" I said at the same time Jungkook said "She has?"

"Uri Lisa and Jennie has a thing going on." Ye-ha drunkenly says.

"Ye-ha!" I shouted embarrassed.

"Kim Jennie? The Kim Jennie?" Jin asked.

"Who other Jennie do we know?" A-seo said.

Jimin let out a chuckle as he patted Jungkook's back.

"First Sana and now Lisa. You two sure have the same taste for someone who hate each other." He laughed.

I looked at Jungkook confused and he mirrored my expression.

"So, Jennie and Sana broke up?" He asked.

"No. They are just saying whatever they want. There's nothing going on between us." I said.

"She's lying. They always make eye contact and all. You just have to see it to believe it, Jungkook." A-seo spoke again.