sìp bpàet

I let out a gush of breath as I entered the school building. It was the first day of exam week. I could see students panicking and doing last minute studies as I walked through the corridor. I walked straight up the stairs and towards my class.

"Lisa-ya!" Ye-ha exclaimed.

She, A-seo and Si-yu were standing outside the classroom. I waved as I reached them.

"What's up?" I smiled.

"Aren't you nervous for the exams? My father's going to kill me if I don't come in top five this time." Ye-ha pouted.

"My parents are saying as long as I don't fail it's fine but I know they want me to bring more than just a pass result." Si-yu said.

"Aren't you nervous, Lisa?" A-seo asked.

"A little." I replied.

Honestly, I studied more than I usually do. Teaching Jennie all this time made me revise everything. I helped her in English, Maths and Science while she helped me in Korean and Hanja. I am actually pretty confident about this exam.

"I saw your notes. I am sure you are going to top this exam." Ye-ha said.

"I am not that good."

"Look at her being modest. Yaah! If you top this exam you have to treat us. Arasso?" Si-yu smiled.

"I am not going to top this exam but if I do then okay. I'll give you guys a treat." I replied.

The three of them cheered. I turned to my side and saw the person I was thinking about since morning. She stared at me as she walked with Jisoo and her other friend Chaeyoung.

"Anyeong." Jisoo approached us.

We replied her with a smile.

"Nervous?" She asked.

Si-yu nodded in reply.

"It's just mid-term, you guys. Don't stress out too much."

We nodded again.

"Lalisa, right?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Ye. Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed.

"Don't be so formal. We are the same age." She said.

I smiled at her.

"I am Chaeyoung. Park Chaeyoung. But you must have known that already. I mean all the students know about me." She had a smug smile on her face.

I just stared at her blankly.

"You can ignore her." Jisoo said.

I chuckled as Chaeyoung smacked the back of Jisoo's head. She looked back at me and stuck her hand out.

"Best of luck for the exam." She wished me.

I was about to hold her hand for a shake but Jennie suddenly cleared her throat and came in between us.

"Let's go. It's about time." She said in a monotone.

She glanced at me and then walked ahead pulling Chaeyoung with her.

"See you around, Lalisa." Chaeyoung exclaimed as Jennie dragged her away.

I just stared at them confused. Jisoo let out a smirk as she muttered something under her breath. I looked at her and she just shook her head.

She patted my head before entering the classroom. I turned towards the girls and they all shrugged.

"Let's go to our class. Exam's about to start." Si-yu said.