I

"You're driving for Red Bull now! Can you imagine that?"

"No, it still feels surreal to me. Red Bull, mate!!"

It was already night when I got home after my first day at the Red Bull Racing and signing the contract. After driving for Mercedes for three years and being the teammate of Lewis, I found my way into the F1. It was an exciting and important time for me. I learned a lot about people, including myself.

When you think that you can't take it anymore, close your eyes and go for one last push. Open your eyes, and you will see that you achieved even more than wanted.

Right now, I was on a Videocall with my best friend, Lando Norris. We know each other from karting days, so I was very happy to see a familiar face in the F1.

"So, how is the car? Did you get to drive it yet?? Jesus, come on tell me everything!!"

"I saw the car, didn't get to drive it yet. Tomorrow I'm starting with the test drives. But Lando, that car. It screams power." My eyes were sparkling and not only was I talking but I was moving my hands a lot too.

He laughed. "Is it prettier than your last one?"

"I mean, it's hard to judge that but...yeah. Yeah it is." We both laughed at my comment and I looked at my PC where I saw all the notifications coming in regarding the news today.

"Well, all I can say is that everyone was shocked by that F1 post. Some are happy for you, the others are scared."

I took a sip of my drink and raised one eyebrow. "Scared?"

"Yeah, because of that incident between you and Max last year."

Right. That. "Well, I met him today too. And we also talked. For a bit."

Lando almost fell from his chair. "WHAT? And you're only telling me that now?! Scar, you better spill now"

"Fine fine, you're acting like it's some Netflix show. Well, he stood behind me, I didn't hear him and flinched there for a second. Then I jokingly asked him if he's the big bad wolf. Well, his answer was interesting."

"Yeah?? What did he say??"

"Not gonna tell you." I grinned and took another sip of my drink only to see Lando hit himself in the face with his bare hand.

"You can't do this to me. I need to know. As your best friend on the grid. Your best friend ever. Tell me."

"Well, all he said was that he's worse. Because he is my teammate. Then he walked off after Horner came along with managers to me."

Lando's mouth was wide open and visibly shocked. "He did not."

"He did, yeah." But he still couldn't believe it and shook his head, going through his dark brown curly hair.