III

Scarlett POV:

"Alright you two, get up there and pose for me please."

Well being teammates does not only mean that you're driving for the same team. It also means that you have to do photoshoots together. So, here we are.

We stood next to each other and crossed our arms at the same time.

"Brilliant, you two look amazing!"

Many photos were taken of us together and alone. During the whole time we didn't say a word to each other. Honestly, I didn't even mind. There's nothing I can talk about with him. And he made it clear yesterday. We're teammates but not friends.

After the photoshoot, our managers called us for a meeting. It was for the upcoming race.

As we assembled in the meeting room, everyone greeted us. We took place and the meeting started.

Like I said, it was about the upcoming race. Strategies have been discussed, our abilities compared, discussion about other drivers.

Then it got to the last point of the meeting.

"So, I saved this for the last point. Since the race weekend starts in two days, you two will fly together today to Abu Dhabi."

Together? Excuse me?

I furrowed my eyebrows and wanted to say something but Christian wasn't done.

"That would be it for Max. You can get ready and wait for Scarlett. She will join you later."

Max didn't wait one second to stand up, say goodbye to everyone and leave the room. And of course he had to bump into my chair on accident.

I couldn't curse or say anything because the whole team was here. So, I just acted as if nothing happened.

When he left, I turned to Christian. "Is there something you want to tell me?

He sighed and leaned back in his chair. "Yeah. There's a complaint we received two days ago. About you."

I scoffed. I already know where this is going.

"Jos Verstappen says you've been rude to him and that you insulted him. Of course I want to hear your side of the story." He leaned forward again.

That's why he couldn't say it in front of Max. It's his dad.

I cleared my throat. "I don't want to say that he's lying but that's what he's doing. He was the one being rude to me. Also, I didn't insult him. It was all him to me."

Christian let out a deep sigh. "He has a difficult character and I've encountered with that many times. So, I'm not surprised to hear that. I'm here to tell you that you should ignore him. We don't want any Drama to happen."

There wasn't much I could do, so I just agreed. The meeting was over and I drove home to pack my stuff.

Lando was already in Abu Dhabi. If I didn't have to fly with my oh so great teammate, we could have been together.

After packing my things and making sure I didn't forget anything, I drove back to the Red Bull building where I saw a black Aston Martin waiting for me. It wasn't hard to figure out who's it was, since I mistook it for my own a few days ago.

I parked and got out my car when I saw Christian and him come out of the building. Leaning against my car, I watched them.

"Now then, since you're both here. We'll see each other in Abu Dhabi. I wish you a safe flight. Max, are you driving to the airport?"