XX

"Welcome back to the F1 Italian Grand prix! You might have heard the news somewhere but here it is officially! One of the drivers changed their surname and from today they will drive under that name!

And that driver is the only woman on the grid, Scarlett Addams who drives for Red Bull! It might be shocking to a lot of us! Scarlett is now driving under her real name, Scarlett Montoya! Can you believe that? I must admit that I was quite shocked when we got that news. There has not been any statement from herself yet. But as you can see, the surname Addams is nowhere to be found! And the start line up for P3 already says Montoya! We'll keep you updated ladies and gentlemen!"

Scarlett POV:

Before the race I always go back to my driver room and prepare myself mentally. Especially today.

The world will know about my real name now. And who my father is. That might be something positive or negative. We'll see about that. But, I've got a race to drive. That's more important than any opinion of people I don't know.

Many journalists tried to stop me and ask me about the name. But I didn't give any statement to anybody. My job is to drive.

I've also received a lot messages of Charles this morning. It seems to me like he is going to lose it someday. And it could be any minute now. Pierre talked too much and they got into a fight. Apparently, there has been something with Charlotte again. To be honest, it surprised me that he stayed calm all this time. But to be fair, he's been through a lot with his own team. You need nerves and a good therapist if you drive for Ferrari. But also like a wise man once said, everybody is a Ferrari fan.

It was time for me to leave the room. The race is starting soon.

Closing the door behind me, I've noticed a woman walking in the hall. She didn't belong to the team. After looking closer, I recgonised her. Lydia.

I could have just ignored her existence but I had the urge to kick her out.

"Team members only. You should leave." My voicetone was scarily friendly.

She turned around and faced me. Looks like somebody didn't have a good night. Even though she was wearing make up and perfectly dressed, she seemed tired, angry and annoyed.

"You can't tell me anything. I'm with Max."

"And Max is who? God? Do yourself a favor and leave before you're forced to leave." I scoffed and stood in front of her now. 

We stared at each other for a minute. None of us blinked or broke the eye contact. Until she lost.

"Ugh, fine. And by the way, you're not that pretty." With that she walked away.
Not that pretty? Please, don't make me laugh.

"What are you doing?"

I almost flinched by the sudden voice behind me. Turning around I faced him. He just got out of his driver room. He looked more like himself today. The day he stood in my room and the way he hugged me made him seem like a different person. Vulnerable and hurt.

"Nothing. Can't I stand here?"

"I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the fact, that your real surname is Montoya. Why did you hide that?"

"We don't have time to talk about that now, the race starts soon."
But he wasn't impressed with that. "Are you the reason why my dad is in the hospital?"

Please, like that's a bad thing.

I kept my pokerface on. "I don't have anything to do anything with your dad. If you want to play detective, do it better."