XII

"Was this your plan the entire time?...To trick me?" 

"This was a lesson not to trust people, right?" 

Scarlett POV:

The warm water poured down my body. I was standing in the shower for over than 30 minutes. I don't know why I was still in here. The mirrors were fogged up, my head started to hurt. But I couldn't force myself to turn off the water.

I tried to wash something off. Maybe the fact that I fell into a trap. A trap that proved to me that I should never trust someone. Especially if their last name is Verstappen.

I was embarrassed. Two times. It happened two times that we made out. That we did something I normally would never do. Knowing that he only did that because he wanted to gain my trust, is making me sick.

How important can a title be? How scared can someone be?
My hands went through my wet hair, I opened my eyes slowly. After all this, I was stupid enough to believe him. Why did I though? I didn't like him from the beginning. And still, I chose to trust him.

Was it because he helped me with my wound? Or because he picked me up in the rain? Or because he promised to take care of George? Or because... there was no dislike towards him.

I shook my head quickly and closed my eyes again.

No.

I don't like him. I never liked him. I despise him. He used me to get to his goal. He was playing chess and I was a figure.

Means, that George was right the entire time. And I hate when he is right.

I shut the water off. Single waterdrops fell down my naked body. I stared at the wall. My gaze hardened.

Karma is a relaxing thought. But sometimes, I prefer revenge.

                              ...

Max POV:

We entered a restaurant. My dad told me that I have to meet my childhood friend here. He could have chosen any other restaurant, but no.

After the waiter took our drink order, he walked off.

That mysterious childhood friend of mine didn't arrive yet.

"Are you sure that she's coming?"

"Yeah, just relax Max."

I'm relaxed. But I'm annoyed that I can't go home. Also, I'm still thinking about what happened before.

Addams and I had a fight. Engineers and mechanics had to separate us. Now, I told her that I was behind this whole thing. That she was stupid enough to fall into my trap.

The mission was done. He got what he wanted. Now, I'll be world champion without any further problems.

I still have the picture in my head. The single tear that fell down her cheek when I told her that I don't regret anything and she should have known better.

After those words, she turned around and left. Didn't say anything. I just watched her as she walked away, and my dad gave me a pat on my shoulder.

"Hey, son are you listening to me?"

I looked up to my dad who was showing me something on his phone.

"Uhm, yeah sorry. I'm just tired a bit."

"Tired? There is no such thing as tired for you. Anyway, look at this."

I took a look at his phone. It was an article about todays race. The author  wrote ugly things about her.