XXI

Scarlett POV:

"Wait, so all of this...was you?!"

Lando, Pierre, and Yuki were in my room. Even though we are on a diet, we ordered pizza and doughnuts. We talked about the race, then about the situation with Jos being in prison. Then I admitted that it was my work.

They almost spat out their pizza piece when they heard it.

"How did you...what did you...Hoow??" Lando talked while chewing at the same time, so he almost choked on the food.

"That will stay my little secret. Let's just say I'm done with him. I got what I wanted, and I'm satisfied."

"Hm, yeah, it might be for the best. But are you done with Max as well?" Yuki took a sip from his drink and raised his eyebrows.

It took me a moment to answer. He was still a sensitive topic. And I don't want to be reminded of yesterday. I don't need that picture in my head.

"Uhm, I actually have something more important to tell you. Especially you, Pierre."

They successfully moved to the other topic without questioning. Except Yuki, who was still staring at me with a suspicious look.

I told them about Charles. I left the last part out. Or generally the part that involves me being in love.

"I knew that he lied about having no feelings for you. Even a blind person could see that. But that's over now?" Lando, finally speaking after swallowing his food.

"But wait, something doesn't make sense. He just left without anything happening?" Again, Yuki. He is playing detective, and I don't like that.

"Well, I only summed up the most important things. Also, Pierre. Are you now with Charlotte or not?" I switched the topic again.

"You can't call us a couple, but I must admit that we saw each other yesterday."

I swear, this man.

"You didn't." But one look from his face already said enough. "Do you feel anything when you're with her?"

He let out a laugh. "Obviously, I think that I don't have to tell you the details about it."

I rolled my eyes and had the urge to throw a pillow at him. "I'm talking about real feelings, Pierre. Do you like her?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Hm, I don't know. She's sweet. But at times weird. To be honest, I can't say much about her personality, because we didn't have much time to talk, if you get what I mean."

We all looked at him with disgusted faces. "I think we all know. And we're eating right now." Yuki gave him the most offensive side eye the world has ever seen.

"Oh, no need to be jealous, Yuki. You know that you're my favourite." He put one arm around Yuki and pretended to kiss him. In response, Yuki pushed him away, so Pierre almost fell off the bed.

"So, that thing with Charles went pretty ugly, hah?" Lando asked me then while the couple was busy fighting.

"Pretty much. Not proud of what I did. I shouldn't have done that. I used the guy to ignore my own feelings and get back at-" I cut myself off because I noticed that I talked too much.

But I wasn't lucky. Lando noticed something.

"To get back at? You slept with Charles to get back at? I didn't catch the name."

Now, Pierre and Yuki were listening too again. Ugh, just kill me.

"I didn't say that, you must have misheard something. You always do, Lan."