Chapter 15

Y'all mind if I just pop off with a random update after 5 years?  👀

Y'all mind if I just pop off with a random update after 5 years? 👀

Not sure if anyone is around to read this or cares anymore, but what can I say? I felt inspired to write again for the first time in years, and even if it's just me reading this, that's fine. If you are out there reading this, then surprise bitch, I bet you thought your saw the last of me.

Well guess again! You can pry my maladaptive daydreams about the KH/FF World out of my cold, dead hands.

This had been the hardest night of your life. Nothing could have prepared you for the sudden and dramatic shift from what started as such a pleasant, happy day. You went from throwing surprise underwater birthday parties to bleeding out in a haunted wasteland with your friends watching, horror-struck, as you struggled to cling to life before their very eyes.

You were safe now, for the most part, but you kept drifting in and out of sleep, and found yourself having terrible nightmares. All your worst memories in life seemed to bubble up every time you closed your eyes, coming as horrible and disjointed flashes that wouldn't allow you a moment's rest.

Flash. Finding out you had geostigma. Flash. The night Ichigo's mother died. Flash. The pain of a Bashura crushing your ribcage. It was so real it felt like you were living each of these horrible moments over again. Flash. Your father's trial and conviction for the murder of your older brother. Flash. Finding Lulu's journal with a sinister note in it. Flash. Ven walking out on you moments before you could work up the courage to tell him how you really felt about him. Flash. An ancient fiend pointing its decaying, rotted claws at you and screeching an ear splitting, horrible screech before tearing into your flesh and infecting you with its rot. Flash. The cold, bitter nothingness and pain you felt every time your dream of the lifestream reoccurred. Flash. Zack and Gippal's faces as they realized you were dying, right in front of them. Flash. A single, horrible red eye on an otherwise gentle-even beautiful-woman's face, surrounded by floating silver hair. And finally, a jolt of electricity as Ven reached out for you, and then nothing at all. A horrible, vacant nothingness that was swallowing you up. It was dark, it was cold, and it was crushing. You couldn't move, or breathe, or scream. Darkness surrounded you, and unseen creatures began to nibble at your flesh.

"≈≈≈≈≈, you're having a nightmare. Wake up."

A hand found your cheek, and cold fingertips pulled you from your horrible visions and brought you back to reality. Your heavy eyelids faltered under their own weight as you tried to open them, and the crushing pain of your current situation came rushing back to you as you regained your senses. No amount of medicine could make you feel normal again after all the trauma your body had been through, and your mind felt just as weak.