Chapter 11

So, this one is long. I mean, they're all long, but this one is really, really quite long. I knew where I wanted this chapter to end, and didn't quit writing until I got there. I thought about punking out near the middle to cut you guys a break, but I really want to move on to the next story arch so I decided to keep going until we got where I wanted. So strap in, kiddos! Get yourself some water and a cozy seat...you'll be here a while.

Also, there's a bit of FFXV lore coming into the mix this chapter, but don't worry. It's not terribly spoilery and actually I'm adapting some things to make them fit better into my story. So not only is some of it not spoiler related, it's also been twisted from its original in-game purpose so you really don't even need to worry about it giving anything away.

I've also decided to throw in a little extra scene that takes place just a bit before the end of the last chapter, so bear with the awkward time skip once that scene ends. It'll say 'back to now' or 'present' or something dumb. Just roll with it.

Chocobuck hunters:

•Come up with a band name for Roxas, Axel, Demyx, and surprise/unannounced drummer. $1 for a submission, and $5 if it gets chosen as the one to appear in the story.

•Find the references from: Stranger Things, Parks and Rec, Scrubs, and The Office for $2 each, or $10 for all four.

•Write a comment of 500 characters for $4, or over 1,000 for $10.

•Make a story prediction or headcanon for $2.

•And as always, you get $1 per typo/mistake you point out. Don't worry, you're not nit-picking and you're not being an asshole, really. I'm asking for your help finding them, so don't be shy. If I do it this way, then I don't have to send it to an editor who might take a few days to get it back to me. I've already made you wait long enough, so let's just get on with it. Lord knows something always slips through to the final draft, anyways. Please remember these bucks only apply if you also leave a comment about story content in some way as well. Just saying 'hey, you fucked up here' (which is totally fine, because I fuck up everywhere) then peacing out doesn't qualify you for bucks.

Let's get to it!

Noctis was sitting in the back of the Regalia with Prompto, Ignis up front driving them home from school like usual. He was resting his chin on his hand, not really paying attention as Prompto and Ignis chatted away about something or another.

"By the way, I was able to track down that number you were asking about." Ignis said, and Prompto almost jumped out of his seat.

"Wh—Really?" Prompto gasped, then let out an excited chuckle, "Ooh, I knew you'd come through Iggy! You're the best."

"Nonsense. Anyone with an internet connection could have found it." Ignis brushed it off, completely ignoring all the bouncing around Prompto was doing in the back seat and debating which route to take after seeing the traffic up ahead.

"Well, I've been looking for weeks!"

"Not very hard, apparently." Ignis retorted quietly, pushing his glasses up his nose absently.

"So come on, out with it! What's the number?" He was almost shaking he was so excited. He raced to pull his phone out, knocking into Noctis in the process.

"Would you chill out?" Noctis grumbled, repositioning his head in a more comfortable way against his palm so he could go back to trying to nap.

Ignis recited the number for Prompto and he eagerly put it into his phone and hit the call button before Ignis could finish explaining that it was a home phone number and not the cell number he was looking for.