Chapter 5

High School Never Ends

(Dra vencd bancuh du dnyhcmyda drec kadc veja lrulupilgc!) 

"Hey, you have history after math, right?" Roxas asked, seeing that you looked a bit depressed that you were going to have a class without anyone you knew in it.

"Yeah, I do." You said, taking out your math and history book and putting them both in your backpack, so you wouldn't have to come all the way back to your locker after class.

"Me too. You can tell me all about the slimy weirdos you meet then."

"Alright. But you have to promise to hate all the same people I do, and talk ridiculous amounts of shit about them."

"Of course." He nodded, laughing lightly. "C-a-l-see-you-later." He added with a grin.

You groaned and shot him a look, "Leave the puns to me." You tried to close your locker dramatically to punctuate your point, but... "Ow!" You pulled your hand away immediately and cradled it as you stared at your locker door perplexedly.

"What? What is it?" Roxas started, almost dropping his books. Your sudden outburst made him jump.

"My locker just...burned me." You continued to stare at it, still holding your hurt hand.

He looked at you blankly than reached a hand out for your locker door. He winced and pulled his hand back, "Ouch."

"Why would you touch it? What did I just say?" You snapped at him, grabbing his other hand as he made to touch it again, still not fully grasping the concept that it was hot.

"I just don't understand." He said blankly.

You then heard laughter from the end of the row of lockers, and looked over to Axel and Reno standing there looking pleased.

"Should have figured." Roxas mumbled, shutting his locker with his foot, and doing the same for yours.

"Sorry I couldn't help myself." Axel said with a wide grin and a slightly bow of his head.

"Axel, come on man, what was that for? You could've hurt someone." Roxas scolded him.

"I saw an opportunity and I seized it." Then he looked at you, holding your hand and rubbing the tips of your fingers. "You're not hurt though right? Do you need to see the nurse? It was just a stupid prank. I'm sorry."

"No!" Roxas answered for you, very quickly. "No one is going to the nurse's office." The three of you all looked at him curiously, and he slung his backpack over his shoulder and mumbled, "I'm going to class." Before storming off.

"Who pissed in his cheerios?" Reno scoffed as he watched Roxas take off.

"I guess he doesn't like the nurse that much. Maybe he's scared of needles?" You shrugged.

"Yeah, let's go with that." Axel scratched his cheek.

"Anyway, what brings you two down here?" You asked.

"You have calc now, right? So do we." Reno answered simply.

"Oh." You said relieved, "Good, cause I was probably just going to wander around for the next 40 minutes trying to find the right room."

"Now there's an idea. Let's do that instead." Axel grinned as they began to walk down the hall, and you followed after them.

"Sure, if you want to be the one to tell Cloud we were the ones who kept her out of class." Reno rolled his eyes.