Chapter 9

Sorry this took so long! And sorry that is so long. Just, apologies all around. What can I say? This chapter got away form me a little bit. It was gonna be longer, but I cut myself off. Consider yourselves lucky. 

 Chocobuck questions will be at the end, so don't bother hunting for anything within the chapter. Though I would like to ask for you to point out any spelling/grammar mistakes you see while reading in exchange for a buck per error, since I've only looked over this once or twice and just really want to get it published at this point. 

Basically...please be my editors. ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

Chapter title: Shut up, (Insert favorite Rostar brother here). 

I don't know. That line is just used a lot in this chapter for some reason.

Cloud came in to wake you up early the next morning with a plate of toast and sat on your bed as you lazily sat up and rubbed the sleep from your eyes.

"So, how are you doing? You up to going to school?" He asked, handing over the plate to you.

You laughed, "You mean you think I could get out of school with this?"

"If you wanted to, I think you could get out of just about anything." He shrugged.

"You're probably right, but nah. I'm alright today."

"Good. You look a lot better."

"...Thanks..."

"You know what I meant." He got up and ruffled your hair, "See you downstairs, champ." Then he stepped over Ven and made for the door.

"Ven?" You called out as you began working on a slice of toast. "Ven." You tried throwing a pillow at him, but he didn't stir even as it bounced off his face. You rolled your eyes and got up to get ready, thinking as long as he was out like a light you could at least get dressed in peace. You changed in the bathroom and decided in a moment of boldness to put on a full face of makeup—winged eyeliner, mascara, a slightly shimmery eye shadow—just to incentivize yourself not to cry today, not while you were at school.

You walked back out into your room and nudged Ven with your foot as you put your shoes on. "Get up, you're gonna be late." You said before hopping over to the bed to fully get your shoes on and tie them up.

He grumbled a little and eventually sat up, looking around in a daze. "What? What's going on?" He mumbled, looking around like he didn't understand where he was. You weren't going to say anything and risk him freaking out again, but his eyes were green.

"School?" You shrugged and he looked at his phone for the clock.

"Oh...oh." He looked over and saw you in the school uniform. "I guess we do have to do that today, huh?" He yawned, laying back down and folding an arm behind his head. He lazily reached over for your ankle to do the worlds laziest med-check, then after deciding you were okay he pulled the black tights away from your skin before letting it snap back, "So happy I don't have to wear a uniform." He snickered, and you slapped his hand away before standing up.

"Lucky you." You said, fiddling with your tie, "I can never get this stupid thing."

"Want help?" He sat up again, but you were half way to the window.