Chapter 7

Sorry this took so long! It's all completely original content, like nothing was taken from the original story, so that's why it took me a little bit longer to write it and get it out for you guys. But, hey. It' here now, so I'll stop yapping and let you read!

Chocobuck hunters:

         -For $10, there are two sets of song lyrics from the same artist hanging around somewhere in the chapter. Find them both, tell me the artist name and the songs they come from. You get 10 bucks for this because I'm just that confident no one has heard of this artist. Prove me wrong, if you dare!! 

         -$2 to anyone who can give me any kind of theory they have for where the story is going. It's still just a rewrite, so yeah, eventually it's going to go to the same place as the original, but I think you're gonna find that we're not gonna get there the same way as that one. A lot more is going to be introduced a lot earlier, so I just wanna hear your thoughts on what you think is going to happen. Penny for your thoughts meets $2 chocobucks for your thoughts.  

        -$1 to anyone who can correctly guess who might be involved in the cliffy at the end. (spoiler alert, the chappy ends on a cliffy. But not a good thought provoking or danger inciting one though, so don't worry.) 

Remember: in order to earn your bucks, you have to actually leave a comment about the story too. You can't just go buck hunting and ignore the content. So I guess, if you're going after the $2 question one you have to leave a comment about this particular chapter, and then give your thoughts. 

The next few days seemed to fly by as you settled into your new life, until suddenly you had almost been in Traverse Town for two weeks. You would wake up to your mother, Tifa, and Yuffie making something in the kitchen for you and Cloud, and sometimes Zack would come over to help wake you up in the morning...which was always a terrible and embarrassing way to start the day, but he seemed to love doing it. Riku liked to do his history homework in the morning, so sometimes you would wander out your bedroom window and across the tree over to his room and check your homework against his and review a little. Then you would walk to school with Cloud and whoever else happened to be at your house, then join your friends from your grade in homeroom.

In chem, you and Sasuke gradually became more vocal with each other during labs, mostly because you needed help or to double check that you were doing things right. Then depending on the day you either had PE or health, where the boys and girls were sent to different classrooms. This meant you got to meet a lot more of the girls in your grade, like Sakura and Ino, the pink and blonde haired exchange students. It also gave you and Olette plenty of time to pitch your idea for a sleepover to Kairi. She eventually agreed to host it this weekend, though you could tell having a social gathering was probably the last thing on her mind. You ignored this, thinking she could use some time with friends. She walked around the halls like a wounded animal, and would jump and ran at the sight of Sora and Riku. You felt like she needed a night to forget about it all and just relax with some friendly faces.

Then there was math, which was hard but always entertaining. Reno and Zexion would get into terrible fights that Auron usually broke up by bringing Reno back to the teacher's desk for the rest of the lesson. You and Naminé worked together whenever you could, so you usually finished working in class and didn't have homework. And on the rare occasions you didn't finish, you would go to the town library and see if Genesis was around to help.

In history you spent the class with Zack and his friends, struggling to stay focused over their constant chatter. None of them did their homework or bothered paying attention, so you had to make sure your notes were good since theirs would be no help to you. Later you would go over Naminé's notes during break or lunch to make sure everything was on track. It was weird; you almost forgot your friends from your grade were in the same class as you. It felt like you had two lives at school. There was the one where you hung out with upperclassman, and the one where you were with your own grade.